Cost of top end rebuild

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It took me longer than I thought, because I didn't really know what I was doing. So, total hours were 12hrs and my cost $42.00 to have the cylinder cleaned up, slight bore. Parts new piston and rings gaskets oil, oil filter, antifreeze, high temp compound sealer. Drum roll :beer::)$260.00 for a total of $302.00. Now I'm going to snorkel it. $302 compare to $1400. Which is $1100.00 dollar savings not bad for 12 hrs of work and no tax.:beer::d:beer::d

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would be interesting to know if this is on a V-twin 4 stroke or a 1 cylinder 2 stroke.....just sayin',,,,

ABKTM

Reaction score
Its a great feeling knowing you did it all yourself also. And think, you`ve just learned a little bit more, and might feel more comfortable tackling a little bit bigger of a project next time! Then just work up until you can do anything and everything yourself, and think of all the money you`ll save, and you`ll get the satisfaction of doing it yourself, that itself is priceless.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave B It is just a single cylinder, are we there yet I"M snorkeling the cvt that's all for now. Is that all right? ABKTM Doing it yourself does feel good.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When do you think it will be fine to do the engine?

I would break it in doing various riding and speeds but no long WOT runs, varying the load on the engine. IMO I would at least put a tank of fuel through it, change the oil and put the snorkel on it.

Top Bottom