Corbin/Fernie Conditions

madtacc

Reaction score
Any updates on the conditions, coming up to ride saturday and sunday, hoping there is good news of some snow :hmm:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Any updates on the conditions, coming up to ride saturday and sunday, hoping there is good news of some snow :hmm:

You can read my feelings about the snow conditions in the "Yesterday in Elkford" thread. Not much to say and I'm not in a business related to snowmobiling so I feel my reports are quite honest and unbias....

Last edited:

SparkyX670

Reaction score
Anyone been rding in Fernie? How much snow are they getting from this storm?Trying to decide between Fernie or Golden for possible ride this weekend.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Anyone been rding in Fernie? How much snow are they getting from this storm?Trying to decide between Fernie or Golden for possible ride this weekend.

I have 18" of fresh in my yard in Elkford. They had 10" at the ski hill in Fernie and CAC is forecasting up to another 16" tonight for the Elk Valley at upper elevations.

Fernie has had some rain but I couldn't confirm whether or not that was at the higher elevations of the Rolling Hills. I wouldn't think so but I've been wrong before.

We had no rain in Elkford, just nice soft, fluffy powder with a heavier 12" on Tuesday.

My ride out of the shop today was sweeeet!!!!

COLD SMOKE 7

Reaction score
I will be riding fernie for the first time this week, the group i am going with has been going for 4 years now, they swear by riding the power line. Is this the best fernie has or is there some other areas to ride that you would suggest. Condition update would also be appreciated thanks, and safe riding.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I will be riding fernie for the first time this week, the group i am going with has been going for 4 years now, they swear by riding the power line. Is this the best fernie has or is there some other areas to ride that you would suggest. Condition update would also be appreciated thanks, and safe riding.

The pipe line is rough and rougher....stage at Coal Creek or Morrissey and ride in the Rolling Hills....open areas are prime avy situations with that PWL, so stick to the trees....:beer:

COLD SMOKE 7

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply ferniesnow, sounds like we will be riding into the rolling hills. Herd the hills got a good dump of snow last night. Hope it continues:d

Top Bottom