Copeland Mine

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this should be under ATVing, but there's a lot more happening here.

Has anyone been to the Copeland mine north of Kirkup ck? We do a lot of old mine exploring/documenting in this area of the West Kootenay, thinking of doing a trip to Revy and area next summer. Wondering how the trail is into the mine?
Thanks,
Kevin

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Flew over it last summer, sorry not much help on the trail.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Pretty sure that is where we rode towards after the Boulder work party. Rd. is deactivated, bridge taken out, Grizzly habitat. Maybe contact Ron (he is Regulation Ron on this board) laroy@telus.net sure he could help you out.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a quick reply from Ron, this board is a great source for info! :beer:

Looks like the bridge at Hiram ck was pulled so lack of use has made for an overgrown trail from there to the mine. Too bad, lots of history in these old mines all over BC. :(

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We sled to the mine all the time but all you can see is some concrete walls and some rotted and broken large timbers, etc. The rest is under snow, {obviously}. I always thought it would be awesome to see in the summer but I heard the same thing. The bridge is gone and the road is washed away in a couple of spots on the side of a steep slope so no way to side hill it. It's really too bad.

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We sled to the mine all the time but all you can see is some concrete walls and some rotted and broken large timbers, etc. The rest is under snow, {obviously}. I always thought it would be awesome to see in the summer but I heard the same thing. The bridge is gone and the road is washed away in a couple of spots on the side of a steep slope so no way to side hill it. It's really too bad.

I'll 2nd that, not a place to get into trouble either.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really coulnt see much from the air either. dont think there is much left at all.

Top Bottom