Cooper zeon ltx

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put these on my 2011 Chevy 2500 hd 275/65r20...great tire so far no road noise for being fairly aggressive..just wondering I usually run 80 psi when towing work trailer or travel trailer but will it affect the wear if I go down to 50 or so when not under load...cause kinda like lumber wagon with 80 psi and no weight!!!

bspot

Reaction score
Running them at 50 psi will not affect the wear at all but it will cause the low tire light to come on the dash. You can get the system reprogrammed to look for a lower tire pressure but not all dealers will do it.

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running them at 50 psi will not affect the wear at all but it will cause the low tire light to come on the dash. You can get the system reprogrammed to look for a lower tire pressure but not all dealers will do it.

Even absolutely useless Tercier Motors ( Westlocks service department is probably worse actually....... and they do it too) will so I say most would. I never have run 80 psi in the trucks.... find it too high even loaded. And that factory spec split is dumb anyway. I had my TPMS adjusted for 60 psi all around on my old 09 and never had an issue thereafter. It would be more advantageous to have the TPMS aligned with your normal.... Even 60 psi is probably fine for most pulling situations.

The tires wear better without 80 psi in them.

Last edited:

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys I'll kick it down to 60

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure what your LTX are like but the cooper zeon LTZ's i had on are the most useless tire I ever bought. absolute crap in the winter. jmo

ABOMB177

Reaction score
not sure what your LTX are like but the cooper zeon LTZ's i had on are the most useless tire I ever bought. absolute crap in the winter. jmo

I agree 100%. Nice tires but wont last the year on my truck and less than 20000Km. I dont even do any burnouts with them thats the sad part.

blar

Reaction score
Same, Got 17000km out of mine and replaced them yesterday.

I agree 100%. Nice tires but wont last the year on my truck and less than 20000Km. I dont even do any burnouts with them thats the sad part.

Top Bottom