coolant disapearing

CTmoose

Reaction score
hey guys kinda new to the snowmobile world anyways bought a 2007 m8 last month and seem to be adding coolant regularly some rides it will last for 2-3 rides then the next its gone i dunno if its because on the rides it stays im in fresh snow it seems and when its gone its because the trails are beat down and its eating it before the temp light comes on any leads on why this is happening would be greatly appretiated thanks

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fill it up with coolant, take it inside where it's dry, run it till it gets up to temp and the cooling system pressures up and look for a leak. Unless you're burning it there has to be a leak somewhere.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You may have air in the cooling system. When you fill the coolant the front of the sled should be lifted so the filler neck is higher than the rear exchanger. Or as stated earlier there is a leak. A common place is under the eng just remove the skid plate and you should see where.

Damila

Reaction score
I have a 2010 m8 162 and have same problem i lose about 3 onces a ride i just figured when i rolled over in the deep powder it leaked a bit out

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive seen a cracked motor mount on the can side that was resulting in leaking coolant,the motor mounts are welded to the front cooler

Top Bottom