ContourHD 1080p Mounting

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I dont know how bad this topic has been beat on here but I didnt find much when I searched.

I am really close to getting a ContourHD 1080p and at first I thought I would just mount it to my goggle straps. Seen a video where it was mounted on the strap with a guy riding MX and the video was horriable due to how much it flopped around. So I put my helmet on and tested how sturdy the straps were. Mine seemed good enough........watched another video where a guy was riding MX and it was tons better. So I figured the first guy just had loose straps. Now I get to lookin and thinkin...........I have Roko quick straps. So I look up a picture to see the actual goggle mount and if I can make it work. Im still not sure though.

So my question is if you have this camera or any other camera for that matter how did you mount it? Also any pics would be good.

Thanks, Zeebs

Off_Kilter

Reaction score
There is another mount which is included that uses this really crazy sticky pad(comes with two). They're only usable once( camera can come on and off but removing the mount wrecks the sticky part) but work great. You could mount that on top and though the camera will look like it sideways you can rotate the lense so that it is actually recording the correct way.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mount it directly to the helmet or get the mount for the sled.
Lot's of mounting options. I have both, the Go Pro and the ContourHD.

Ok I dont know how bad this topic has been beat on here but I didnt find much when I searched.

I am really close to getting a ContourHD 1080p and at first I thought I would just mount it to my goggle straps. Seen a video where it was mounted on the strap with a guy riding MX and the video was horriable due to how much it flopped around. So I put my helmet on and tested how sturdy the straps were. Mine seemed good enough........watched another video where a guy was riding MX and it was tons better. So I figured the first guy just had loose straps. Now I get to lookin and thinkin...........I have Roko quick straps. So I look up a picture to see the actual goggle mount and if I can make it work. Im still not sure though.

So my question is if you have this camera or any other camera for that matter how did you mount it? Also any pics would be good.

Thanks, Zeebs

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda wanted to mount it to the side of the helmet about eye level otherwise I wasnt sure if I could get the view I wanted by going on top of the helmet. Plus with all the quick strap stuff on the side and the top bill there isnt any room to put but on the straps.

I just like the Idea of having it on the helmet that way there is no switching stuff between different machines. But from what your telling me I will be able to get good view of the ground ahead from the front of the machine on by mounting it to the top of the helmet?

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is another mount which is included that uses this really crazy sticky pad(comes with two). They're only usable once( camera can come on and off but removing the mount wrecks the sticky part) but work great. You could mount that on top and though the camera will look like it sideways you can rotate the lense so that it is actually recording the correct way.

That adhesive that come with that stuff is junk. My quick strap button came off this summer. I went to walmart and got some gorilla glue. 30 seconds later that baby is NEVER leaving!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup'ers, you mount the plate to the helmet and you can get an adjusting adapter. When the plate is mounted install the camera and adjuster adapter then put the helmet on and take some video walking around, play it on the computer and see what the angle is like, adjust accordingly and repeat until you get the angle set. Your off to the races.

I kinda wanted to mount it to the side of the helmet about eye level otherwise I wasnt sure if I could get the view I wanted by going on top of the helmet. Plus with all the quick strap stuff on the side and the top bill there isnt any room to put but on the straps.

I just like the Idea of having it on the helmet that way there is no switching stuff between different machines. But from what your telling me I will be able to get good view of the ground ahead from the front of the machine on by mounting it to the top of the helmet?

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Yup'ers, you mount the plate to the helmet and you can get an adjusting adapter. When the plate is mounted install the camera and adjuster adapter then put the helmet on and take some video walking around, play it on the computer and see what the angle is like, adjust accordingly and repeat until you get the angle set. Your off to the races.

how much is there adapter, i used the non rotating mount, after cleaning with alcohol it came off of the helmet while riding. luckily it fell on the dash and i didnt loose it, it i find on my helmet the side option may not work due to the curves and lines on the helmet...might have to go with the top mount

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lucky for you i have just the perfect spot on my helmet for your camera!! no need to thank me.
how much is there adapter, i used the non rotating mount, after cleaning with alcohol it came off of the helmet while riding. luckily it fell on the dash and i didnt loose it, it i find on my helmet the side option may not work due to the curves and lines on the helmet...might have to go with the top mount

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Get the curved adapter it's like 15 bucks. Mount it on the side of your helmet and lower down.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mounted mine on the side but due to the quick straps I had to mount farther back than I wanted. I do get some helmet in the video which I dont like but I'm not sure on the top since I cant tilt it I might not get much sight forward. When I mounted mine to the side of the helmet it was back further on the curve of the helmet. So I took a razor blade and scraped all that BS padding off the back of their mount till I got down to bare plastic, then took some gorilla glue and slaped it on! Lets just say its not going anywhere! I got a little glue that pushed out from between the helmet and mount and it wont even come off the helmet. Ive used alcohol, nail polish remover, and goo gone with no luck.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Mine is mounted on top. I love it. I had my son put the helmet on, I first eyeballed where I thought the camera should go, then with electrical tape I held it down, I did some filming, checked on the pc, confirmed that I had it in the right spot, traced the mount with a pen and only then did I actually glue it in place. I get a little bit of the front rack of my quad and the rest i all the people I am following. I don't like the side mount because you see to much helmet. I don't change helmets so it stays where it is. Has been there for about 3 years now.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After I responed to this thread I thought of something.......... I went and got my helmet and slid the camera on backwards and started laughing. It looks like the angle should work without changing a thing. Usually when our group rides the river everybody wants to be anywhere but leading since its more fun to "race" each other and throw snow in each others face. So usually its either my buddy thats got an 800 outty or I leading. So next time we ride Ill show up with the camera backwards and tell them its that way cause they are so slow and just want to see how long it takes me to "lose" them! LOL

Top Bottom