Considering selling my M1000... what's it worth?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am considering selling what started life as an 07 M1000. The sled has 1100 miles, never hit anything, and was improved to the tune of an additional $13500 in parts alone. Mechanic owned, just trying to get a feel for what it's worth, or if I should part it out. Has the following upgrades:
VanAmberg tapered hillclimb tunnel with large U-cooler (suitable for a turbocharged sled - this machine never runs hot).
BDX Diamond Lite drive with lightweight driveshaft, lightweight ceramic rotor and ceramic pads
Skinz mesh hood with cyclops lights
Boyesen Rage Cages
SLP single pipe set with EGT's
RK Tek 13.6:1 Cylinder head
3 post primary clutch with Dalton Adjustable Weights
RK Tek torsional secondary with two helixes
Holz hillclimb rear suspension with fox floats - these were rebuilt/revalved last season with Burandt kit - 162" Ice Age Rails with Hiperfax and Scratchers. Also c/w a new custom built fox zero pro coilover for rear.
STM Exhaust Valves
Linderman mount
BDX intake
Power Commander V with Racin Station mapping - the sled runs with no bog or hesitation - smoothest running M1 I've ever seen
Cat adjustable steering post
2010 Cat shorty seat
Side panel vents
08 spindles and steering linkage (tighter turning radius)
Holz lightweight front end
USI triple threat skis (and new SX301 soles as well)
Camoplast Challenger Extreme 162 x 2.5" track
Nextech Ajustable front arm mount
Billet Wheels (never installed) - has Cat two wheel kit on it.

This sled works great and is truly pull and go - the only reason I'm selling is due to heath reasons, and as you can see, I don't get to ride much these days due to work commitments - only 2 or three times a year, and I can rent a machine when I go. There are several forum members that have seen this machine and could attest to how it works. I also have a ton of spares with 400km, including a bulkhead, 153" tunnel, engine, stock reverse diamond drive with 60/60 gearing, A-arms, plastic, ECM, injectors, throttle body, pipes, shocks, fuel tank and pump, seats, etc, etc. If there is no interest in the machine, I will part it out.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great sled, when it comes to putting a price on a modded sled it can be a bit tricky. I had a highly modded RX1 and had to take a considerable loss for the value of the sled and the aftermarket up grades. This sled of yours I would say should go for 8500-9500 thats just what I think, and if I had the money kicking around I would buy it in a heart beat!...good luck either way you decide to go.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not interested but but I think you would be lucky to get $7000. Worth more but no market for sleds now. Probably not what u want to hear.
Well, I'm in no hurry to unload it, so not a big deal if it sits. I suspect I will part it out, as it's worth more in pieces then as a unit. Everyone's looking for pieces / mods in the fall, I'm one of those odd people that tinkers on his harley in the winter when the snow is starting to leave, and builds sleds from April through July. Thanks for your replies.

Top Bottom