Conditions

mountain_tamer

Reaction score
Just wondering what the conditions were out there. We are looking at heading out this weekend. How much snow is there and what are the avalanche conditions out there?

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
ill be going out this weekend hopefully...but last time i was out i went up the murtle coulies and there was around 3-4 feet or Virgin POW...but we coulnt get to the good spots cause of low cloud.

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
We are tracked up pretty good also ....

-25 this morning and Crystal Clear Skys....

Our Guests were up Ground hog and sais there was a " HONEST " 1 1/2 Ft. Powder.....

I will be Posting a Avalanche update right away look for it on My Thread !

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blue Jewel how is the weather looking this weekend.I will be heading that way.Thanks for any info

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Blue Jewel how is the weather looking this weekend.I will be heading that way.Thanks for any info
Well looking pretty good !!

We are supposed to get 10-15cms of the good stuff on Fri. ( I HOPE ....WE NEED SNOW !!! )

Temp.'s are going to be -6 to -8 during the Day

Temp.'s going to -18 to -20 at night ....Not bad for the middle of January !

It is better than being in that Artic Deep Freeze !!

Perfect riding Temp.'s but.....WE NEED SNOW !!!

Stop on by when You get to Town ....unless you are one of the Lucky ones that got booked in at The Holy Smoke Inn with Your OWN Private Chef !!!

Last edited:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beautiful blue skies all week, but that means no freshies..........

Heading out to chappel early this afternoon for a quick boot, Ill try to post some pics

Avy conditions for the area are deemed as MODERATE by the CAA, but there are huge slabs out there. Always assume the avy conditions are at their worst and you will always be safe !
c

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone post the conditions for allen or miledge after todays ride. I have a couple of buddies that want me to come tonight but I would rather wait for some fresh. I would have left yesterday but the winds here were blowing a hundred miles an hour...kinda just decided the heck with it...

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
the snow was good on sunday when we left but it was pretty socked in and couldn't see anything we rode at clemina all weekend there was two feet on the ground and noone could go anywhere all day saturday so there there wasn't any tracks we got about 3 hrs to track it up on sunday but only tracked up the first bowl and there weren't many guys going back any further there was lots of snow to play in the wind tunnels should be mostly untouched and the same as avalanche alley. the only problem is that it is getting really cold it dropped about 15- 20 degrees on sunday while we were riding

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Blue Jewel,

I am going up to your end this coming week-end and we have you booked for you to bring us out, with jeff can't wait. where r you going to bring us.
Thanks

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Hey Blue Jewel,

I am going up to your end this coming week-end and we have you booked for you to bring us out, with jeff can't wait. where r you going to bring us.
Thanks
Hey mach123 !!

Hey Happy to hear You are coming to Blue River !!

Well mach123...Jeff booked a Tour soooo You Guys get one of Robin's " Honey Hole's " .....I guarantee it will be Sweet !!

We look forward to seeing You in Blue River !

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey mach123 !!

Hey Happy to hear You are coming to Blue River !!

Well mach123...Jeff booked a Tour soooo You Guys get one of Robin's " Honey Hole's " .....I guarantee it will be Sweet !!

We look forward to seeing You in Blue River !

I can't wait to go, what kind of skill level are those bowls. There are 7 of us going I think. I always have a great time just being on the sled. Thanks

Top Bottom