Condition of trails.....

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cataract Creek

Rode 120 clicks yesterday.....as the trails report warns things are pretty thin at the lowest elevations..particularly the trails leaving the staging areas with the most traffic.....it was still much better than I would have imagined though

South trails....lost creek Rd...oyster ex...skyline and pasque still really good.....still lots of base...whooped out moguls and your leg strength:d more of an issue(esp.skyline)... than a lack of snow

Upper raspberry pass..and some of the lesser known trails off Oyster to the west...were awesome

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were fishing at chain lakes today and it there is wasn't raining at the lake, but 10km north at bar U ranch it was pouring rain and +2. so hopefully that system caught cataract too cause it would have left some nice new snow. not enought to smooth it all out, but a start.

Hirmkin

Reaction score
Snowed there on and off today maybe 2 cm. What has to happen for the groomer to run a pass over all the trails? It's brutal for a family ride!

Klingon Warrior

Reaction score
Snowed there on and off today maybe 2 cm. What has to happen for the groomer to run a pass over all the trails? It's brutal for a family ride!

We need to get some more snow, hopefully soon. If the groomer goes over what is there, it may thin it out and cause more melting and bare spots on the trails. Need lots more snow !!

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
We need to get some more snow, hopefully soon. If the groomer goes over what is there, it may thin it out and cause more melting and bare spots on the trails. Need lots more snow !!

They could definitely groom the upper trails like Oyster, Cummings, and Skyline. Those trails have enough base and could sure use leveling.

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They could definitely groom the upper trails like Oyster, Cummings, and Skyline. Those trails have enough base and could sure use leveling.

I agree..so far the valley bottom trail and lost creek haul road have been done when there was more snow....

A guy should be able pull the drag over oyster and cummings......not sure about skyline with those tight single track turns though.....wonder if its ever been done :confused:

Anyone know the logistics...whats the best time to get the groomer in there.. late night sunday???...how long is the set up time..???

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't get your hopes up too high guys. i've only been riding a few years but i'm pretty sure the most i've ever seen cataract groomed in one year i can probably count on one hand.... it is not a golden or revy where they charge trail fees from every rider everyday, so the money just isn't around to do it. when it happens, just be happy, but don't wait for it. ever hear the saying watched water won't boil...?

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Parks have only one groomer operating out of Kananaskis since cutting the lease on the second one and they have a lot of ski trails that are maintained throughout the parks. You might get lucky and see them in there after another big dump, but like SummitX stated, it's a rarity one can only hope for.

Here comes the snow ()

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Been watching it since yesterday afternoon. That's the same link I posted in the thread above you. It's looking good now with a lot of green passing over the foothills. Hopefully it carrys further south to the CNP as they need snow in a big way. Heading to Atlas next weekend and sure hope they get some fresh stuff there too. Looks like I'll be blasting out for a ride tomorrow.

Here's the weather forecast for K Country. Looks like a bluebird day there tomorrow and some fresh snow for me to track up.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove out to cattaract today still a little sheepish on the snow about 5-6 in
Highwood Feb 17-2010 001.jpg
Or good enought for the musher`s

Highwood Feb 17-2010 006.jpg
Or for the dad and son from bassano

Highwood Feb 17-2010 003.jpg

Last edited:

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at the snow report for cataract creek feb 18...shows grooming done for fallers...cummings and cataract creek trails....and on a ongoing basis...

15 cm new stuff and more snow to fall tonight and tommorow....weeeell doggie !!!

:):):)

Top Bottom