Condensation in a Guess Watch - How to Fix!?

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to fix condensation in a Guess Metal watch or should I take it to a jeweler? It says it's water resistant to 50m, but after floating down a river yesterday and dipping it in the water a couple times, it's had this condensation on the inside of the glass ever since!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
garb-can.jpg

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put it in a ziplock bag filled with rice for a week. I've done this twice with my wife's Blackberry and it works great. Pull off the rear cover first, if you can.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Take it to a jeweller and get it cleaned out and he'll clean the lense too and seal it properly...... Hardly charge anything for this service

have had several done now .......

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas, I shall take it to a jeweler since I have no idea how to get the rear cover off..

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about those little white packs you get in items I think they some how stop moisture not sure what they are called

Sent from my iPhone while wishing the snow was gone so I can go dirt biking.

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think those are oxygen absorbers, they might work. Where does a guy buy some of those? Or should I just go to walmart and buy a crate full of beef jerky? Haha

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you buy them if you buy a brief case they are normally free inside I think. Buy a brief case and put you watch in it for a bit job done.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you buy them if you buy a brief case they are normally free inside I think. Buy a brief case and put you watch in it for a bit job done.

This is is exactly what rice does. Trust me, it works. And it's practically free, and if the watch cover can't be removed, do it anyway. The water got in so it will find its way back out.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heat it up with a blow torch, take the cover off the back ,spray it down with Sea Foam,them fill it with die electric grease.....
It will last forever then........

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a watch tool kit that takes the rear covers off. Cost about 15 bucks. Good to have to replace batteries if you have a collection. Anyways I would try the baggie and rice thing first. With the cover off would be better.

Doof

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well took it to the jewelry shop today and turns out I know the lady who owns the place so she's opening it up, drying it out, putting it back together all for free! :cool::common001:

Top Bottom