compression question

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im thinking about going to look at a pump gas twisted m8 tomorrow, asked the guy if i can run a comp test on the machine and maybe run a bore scope into the top end as well to check for det burn marks....but the guy told me that you cant get the plugs out with the pipe on and that its really hard to get the exhaust off (doesnt look especially hard to me, just springs ?). now im not to to familiar with the twisted kits, do they have a replacement pipe that sits down closer to the head and this guy is actually right or not, because on my stock 09 m8 ive had no problems changing plugs with the exhaust on. im kind of wondering if this guy just doesnt know what he is talking about or he doesnt want me to run a scope/comp test.....any insight would be appreciated

also what should comp be on this thing

thanks

20141106_154248.jpg 20141106_154256.jpg

Last edited:

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be able to get at the plugs just as easy as your own sled. Unless he's welded the adapter on the pipe wrong. I'm not sure what the compression should be on that model. If you can't get the comp tester in you should be able to get your boroscope in if it has the flexible model. Also check engine mounts on it they are a little harder on them than stock. Reeds are also a replacement item on them and the primary clutch aren't the strongest. Also where the steering post goes through and bolts to the bulkhead can have cracks Canada sled parts makes a fix for that.

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
compression specs anyone ?! 2010 m8 twisted pump gas kit, 3 degree timing key...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
compression specs anyone ?! 2010 m8 twisted pump gas kit, 3 degree timing key...

Compression should be same as stock, 125 PSI (ish), run the test on the M8 you have as all gauges read slightly different but that will give you an indication of where its at. Hot compression test

That's BS about the pipe, takes about 5 mins to pull the springs, this will also allow you to put boroscope into the y-pipe and see what the sides of the pistons look like as well. Most sellers would be willing to pull the pipe IMO, let us know what it looks like.

Top Bottom