Complaining about edmonton city truckers........

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you spot a drunk driver in Edmonton? They are driving straight!:p

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, but is it Mohamed or Abdul? I see lots of turbins going down the highway...JS

the other thing they do that pisses me off is they store there run down rigs in industrial subdivisions on the sides of the roadways..because they are to cheap to operate out of a shop...then wrench on there broken crap during the night. spilling grease and oil all over the place and leaving garbage etc.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the other thing they do that pisses me off is they store there run down rigs in industrial subdivisions on the sides of the roadways..because they are to cheap to operate out of a shop...then wrench on there broken crap during the night. spilling grease and oil all over the place and leaving garbage etc.

I had the displeasure of working in Ft mac for a year and same thing,, at night gravel trucks are just abandoned every where. And yea,, they'll do all there "maintence" on the side of the road.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how come most semis i see on the road can do 100-120 MAX. but like mentioned above some of these gravel trucks can COOK...? must be bagging them hard

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how come most semis i see on the road can do 100-120 MAX. but like mentioned above some of these gravel trucks can COOK...? must be bagging them hard

Some companies have speed limiters on their trucks. Trucks will do over 120 km/h. It's just most guys, especially if pulling a trailer of decent size, keep the speed within reason.

winterax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a trucker but I have to deal with them on a pretty regular basis. Make it a trade, 4 years to get your ticket and then pay accordingly.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a trucker but I have to deal with them on a pretty regular basis. Make it a trade, 4 years to get your ticket and then pay accordingly.

Yea don't think thats going to work. You do realize EVERYTHING is transported by truck. People would starve to death if only qualified people could drive a big rig.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I read, "slower traffic keep right" does not apply to city limits, including the Henday.
I can't stand it when they are on all 3 lanes and slugging traffic.

I saw a sign on Calgary that had the slower keep right sign, but not in Edmonton...

Fernie, I was unaware you lived in Morinville...because Fernie has lots of lights, and lanes:d

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i cant even respond in a proper way without using improper language!! everyone hates gravel trucks nowadays because of all the purple and misc shades of it AND not just them!! the old bastards that "just need to make a little money and keep busy"
are just as bad! retire or work for a full rate and less days a week!!!! instead of all getting together and setting a minimum standard at least nononoooo lets whore every rate to nothing and then divide that by two! it shames me to tell people we have gravel trucks and trailers some days because we get grouped in with all the other f%^ktards. its also great that everyone thinks all gravel trucks are purple so they cut you off like the last prick cut them off or dusted them out or,or,or....... we have a 2006 with 159000km on it because we mostly use our gravel trucks for our own jobs. f&^*ing sad i tell ya thats why alot of people head for the oilfield i know i am! got my first winch truck and scissorneck ready to work! i could cut the rate and still be a minimum of $20/hr higher it seems with the same safety/insurance! ffffff@@#@#$$%^%^&*&(*()*(&^%^&%$^$%^%^&^&*(^@#%&()&%$##$%^^ckkkkkk!!! rant over.

boydo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
btw the asga number is a joke. basically the same as calling a boss who doesnt care as long as the job is done.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No trying to be a joner but their are some things that piss truckers off too.. Like when small vehicles like to slam on their brakes or slow down fast, then get mad because the big truck behind them is right on their ass, duhh they can't stop as fast as you can. Or when cars pull out in front of them, I am sure you can wait the extra 3 Seconds it takes for the truck to pass before you pull out into the highway, you can pass him later when it's safer. Or when cars slow down on hills or before hills, trucks need as much momentum as they can get on and before a hill. Not saying all truckers are innocent, but some deserve some leeway, don't paint them all with the same brush.

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drive super b grain trailers and I avoid the Cities as much as possible, but I have use the Yellowhead when I head to Acheson. I use the left lane for a number of reason's. Mostly because people do not know how to merge into traffic or they cut me off by going around me to exit the freeway. When I come in on the Yellowhead I go from 100 to 80 to 70 km's, and if I can keep at 72km's, with the new traffic system on the yellowhead, I can generally make it through all of the lights. And since there a left turning lanes I do not have to slow down for the azzhat's. On the deerfoot in Calgary I am at 104km's. And this is my last point, the next time you are complaining I am going to slow, look at your speedo, chances are you are 20 to 30K over the speed limit! The left lane dose have the same speed limit as the right lanes. Since the City is making special biking lanes maybe they can designate trucking lanes.

There is no excuse for the camel jokey pebble haulers.....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And this is my last point, the next time you are complaining I am going to slow, look at your speedo, chances are you are 20 to 30K over the speed limit! The left lane dose have the same speed limit as the right lanes. Since the City is making special biking lanes maybe they can designate trucking lanes.

There is no excuse for the camel jokey pebble haulers.....
and an excellent point it is. when I'm pulling a tri axle and I can do the speed limit, a lot of the time I just stay in the left lane like on 43 or the QEII especially if I can see traffic in the right lane that is slower than me. I'm not "slower" traffic in this case IMO....I'm always at least doing 110 and cruise at 115. if you want to speed excessively, you turn your wheels and go in the other lane, or hit your brakes and wait until I'm past the slower traffic. you say I'm "breaking the law" yet it's okay for you to do it because you're in a 4 wheeler?? lol...flash me that finger, I always blow kisses back.

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come to Vancouver, you'll never complain about truckers again. The can haulers and dump truck drivers are terrible. Air horns apparently give you the right to run red lights.

Top Bottom