CompFusion Motor Mounts

torszula

Reaction score
I have an 05 Fusion 900. I've heard that teh comp fusion motor mounts are a necessity. Can anyone tell me what these are and if they really are necessary? They are over $300. Does this really address teh vibration and consequently the problems that arise from it?

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people get away with stock mounts, others (like me) have had to add Colin's mounts to keep the engine in place... I can tell you that they last longer, and in my case clutch temps dropped significantly after installing the Compfusion mounts.
Colin's mounts are NOT made to lessen vibration feel at the bars or running boards, in fact I think I felt the vibration a bit more after installation. They are designed to hold the engine in place properly, and they do just that! The 900 stock engine mount arrangement leaves alot to be desired, we are lucky to have guys like Colin who create alternatives for us.
I suggest you contact Colin and chat with him about this, he is an awesome guy

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forget how many miles I had on mine (4000 miles) but I did not have these mounts.....I did have the SLP torque stops on both sides! never a belt problem......1200-1500 miles a belt! some 900's vibrated and some lasted and ran good! I think mine was a good one! lol

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My '06 900 saw no benefit from Comp's mounts but as Dan said, some 9's were better than others. One thing I do recommend is a billet front mount crossmember. I, as well as many others, had the oem crossmember break where it is notched for steering linkage clearance. Mine broke after the installation of Comp's mounts. I believe the stock mounts are flexible enough that they don't transmit much torque to the crossmember. Comp's mounts are much more ridgid (which is a good thing) and cause a lot more torquing of the weak factory crossmember. Best would be to use comp mounts, billet crossmember, and L9 bolts through the mounts into the crankcase.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those 900ers did a lot of twisting when hammered on!!!!!!!! did the tourqe stops on the last confusion I had and made a difference, belts lasted a lot longer!! and the good belts from polaris are I think $200

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My '06 900 saw no benefit from Comp's mounts but as Dan said, some 9's were better than others. One thing I do recommend is a billet front mount crossmember. I, as well as many others, had the oem crossmember break where it is notched for steering linkage clearance. Mine broke after the installation of Comp's mounts. I believe the stock mounts are flexible enough that they don't transmit much torque to the crossmember. Comp's mounts are much more ridgid (which is a good thing) and cause a lot more torquing of the weak factory crossmember. Best would be to use comp mounts, billet crossmember, and L9 bolts through the mounts into the crankcase.

Colin has upgraded his mounts with a wider footprint on the xmember... might eliminate the need for the billet piece.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dan, the new mounts may help but imho, the crossmember is poorly engineered and comp's mounts (while they are quality pieces) bring out the weakness of the factory member. My crossmember cracked by the notch right through one of the extra holes I drilled for comp's mounts. IMHO, the billet crossmember is a necessity.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

Top Bottom