Compact SUVs What to buy?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put deposit of 1000$ on visa. Went there to look a little closer at the vehicle today, since they didn't even get a chance to wash it yesterday.

The thing looked fantastic... HOWEVER......
We asked for a carproof report yesterday, he never ended up showing it to us, we got sidetracked, and to make a long story short, I asked to see it today.

I can't believe what I saw.

When this vehicle was a month old it sustained $13700 in front end damage.

That seems a lot for just front end damage.

I left, went home and did some research, and found that under the "Motor Vehicle Dealers Act" the dealer has an obligation to disclose ALL information of this vehicle PRIOR to any documents being signed. :mad::mad::mad:

We're going back and getting the visa deposit reversed. Hope I don't have to make a stink...

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
We just bought the same suv. I can't believe how quick that thing is with that engine! It will tow 3500 lbs I guess.

Down side is they hold their value so kinda pricey to buy used.

Yah but you won't get murdered on the resale price either... especially compared to domestics. My wife had a RAV 4 and LOVED it! The thing was rock solid and the product quality was the best in the business. The V6 engine is great too. More than enough to pull a boat CUSO!

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah but you won't get murdered on the resale price either... especially compared to domestics. My wife had a RAV 4 and LOVED it! The thing was rock solid and the product quality was the best in the business. The V6 engine is great too. More than enough to pull a boat CUSO!

That's true. We plan on running this thing into the ground. The wife puts on 40-50k a year so it won't take too many years.

Top Bottom