commute from fsj to dawson

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a call from the hall I am heading up for work in dawson at bear mtn sub on thurs. I have a buddy who has a place in fsj i could stay at, but am wondering how the commute will be?

I have been to fsj a few times but took the breden road and when i went to grande prairie I turned right on that TDG route to AB. So ya jw how the highway is from FSJ to dawson and if its doable everyday? Google says itd take about an hour which turns my 10 hour work day into roughly 12 hours which isnt to bad

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say 45 min to 1 hr, it gets bad sometimes in the winter, specially the Taylor hill but over all doable.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a busy stretch of road b/w Dawson & FSJ but the hwy is in good shape. I've been working down the Braden rd most of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Taylor (Peace) Hill gets closed at least a couple times a winter and the stretch just past the Kiskatinaw River going towards DC becomes a skating rink after the 50 mph wind polishes it up. Our road maintenance eatz azzz up here.
On a much better note, bring your sled cause there is some decent mountain riding around the area :)

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in the summer months no problem....winter the road can suck, tons of traffic, and the Taylor hill was shut down steady last winter, truckers don't think chains are needed :confused:

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ah I see, well apparently the work is only 3 months. So maybe for the last month or so I will be a motel rat haha

messaged a guy with a garage top suite today he replied back 2250/month!....thats even more than grande prairie!

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Taylor (Peace) Hill gets closed at least a couple times a winter and the stretch just past the Kiskatinaw River going towards DC becomes a skating rink after the 50 mph wind polishes it up. Our road maintenance eatz azzz up here.
On a much better note, bring your sled cause there is some decent mountain riding around the area :)

I think I might have to buy a new one from hyper ;)

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use to do it in 22min on my street bike, avrg speed was about 240. Watch for deer though.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use to do it in 22min on my street bike, avrg speed was about 240. Watch for deer though.

never do that now, the traffic between john and dawson is retarded

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I might have to buy a new one from hyper ;)

You won't go wrong buying from there. If I ran Polaris, that's where I would be going. I ride with a few guys who deal with them and they all say the service is great.

Top Bottom