communication between riders

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to be able to talk to my wife and kids while we are riding..
we have 2 machine and switch up up riders alot.
so would have to be wireless.
any ideas?

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We have these communicator things that attach to our helmets and run on battery packs. I don't know what brand they are. You can't have long drawn out conversations because the clarity isn't that good but you can have brief few word conversations. Our gear is all in our trailer out in the pass so I can't run out and check sorry!

Jan

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to be able to talk to my wife and kids while we are riding..
we have 2 machine and switch up up riders alot.
so would have to be wireless.
any ideas?

Check out Sena SMH-10's.
I've got them - AWESOME.

I had the Collett Communicators (c/w Battery packs) - they sucked. Both company service and the quality - terrible.

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have these communicator things that attach to our helmets and run on battery packs. I don't know what brand they are. You can't have long drawn out conversations because the clarity isn't that good but you can have brief few word conversations. Our gear is all in our trailer out in the pass so I can't run out and check sorry!

Jan

those sound better than hand held 2 way radios

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just had an e-mail this week from First Place Parts, they were a featured item on their wesite.

subzero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not need all the fancy stuff, blue tooth , radio, etc,
all I want to do is chat with the wife and kids

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Now that you mention it I think they are the Collett brand. Like I said you can't sit there and chat but they are good enough to warn about on coming riders or where to turn or stop etc.

Jan

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I do not need all the fancy stuff, blue tooth , radio, etc,
all I want to do is chat with the wife and kids
Thats what the beer breaks are for. Id put the money towards more important back country needs. We have tried a few different kinds and they all pretty much suck. When someone tries to to talk to you through a comm system you're going to have to stop your quad anyway so you can actually hear what their trying to say. JMHO

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what the beer breaks are for. Id put the money towards more important back country needs. We have tried a few different kinds and they all pretty much suck. When someone tries to to talk to you through a comm system you're going to have to stop your quad anyway so you can actually hear what their trying to say. JMHO
^^^what he said. tried the collett system, VOX system sucks. tried the chatterbox, sounds like you're talking in a box. went to a PTT system that utilizes FRS/GMRS radios, it was the best for clarity, but the earpiece/microphone hurts the ear after a while.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^what he said. tried the collett system, VOX system sucks. tried the chatterbox, sounds like you're talking in a box. went to a PTT system that utilizes FRS/GMRS radios, it was the best for clarity, but the earpiece/microphone hurts the ear after a while.

have you tried the mic on the collar seems to work for me so far, lets you know when someone is calling, has a push to talk button, only used on quad.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you should think of it on the sled as well then we wouldnt have to come and look to see where you are stuck
have you tried the mic on the collar seems to work for me so far, lets you know when someone is calling, has a push to talk button, only used on quad.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no, never tried a setup like that. gave up on the com thing, might try again with the UTV and see if there's something that works in that.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We use ours on the sleds. The mics sometimes freeze up and then you have to do some heavy breathing to get them un-thawed or wait until the warm up shack.

Jan

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We use ours on the sleds. The mics sometimes freeze up and then you have to do some heavy breathing to get them un-thawed or wait until the warm up shack.

Jan
ever get a little shock from the boom mic? used to happen a lot with our colletts

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That hasn't happened yet that I know of. I think though the first time it does mine will be going in the garbage!!!

Jan
lol...the ones I had were the original 900mhz communicators. the moisture from breathing on them kept the mic boom wet, we had to have them pretty close to the mouth with the vox sensitivity cranked up so the twin pipes (triples on my buddy's ZRT) wouldn't activate the mic. nothing worse than hearing screaming triples in your ears...

Top Bottom