Commercial building security doors

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Looking for solutions to break ins at our store. We own a small convenience store up here in Cold Lake. We've been lucky for 3yrs owning the place with no issues.
Now in past 2 months we've had 3 attempted break in. Smashing the door glass, setting off alarm. Perps run away with not getting entry. But Im sick of paying $900 a pop for door glass. Does anyone know where I can find security bars for the doors or wire mesh. If they see the bars may stop them from trying to smash the glass.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CP Distributing might be able to help you. They sell high security doors and glass.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get some kind of bars/mesh style fabbbed up at a welding shop, then paint it your self or get a body shop to do it if you cant do it your self.

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have a shop anymore...but before we sold it I installed some folding metal ones I ordered from down east. Very easy to install and allowed you to open them up in the daytime so you didn't feel like you were behind bars all day...like the "A Holes" that have been breaking into you place should be feeling.
try googling folding security bars and I'll see if I can get you some info from the fellows that bought our shop. I know they ordered some more after we left.

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found some stores in town that have the sliding metal bars. The company is out Toronto.
Measuring the doors & getting some pricing & info from them now.

f150truck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another option is to put Laminated safety glass in the door instead of standard glass. It is the same as used in windsheilds, may get cracked but very difficult to smash out.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Always see the roll down shutters that block everything think you would have to steal a Ford to get through them

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id like to find some info on the steel roll down shutters if you happen to have company names?

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finding all these great places but they are in Edmonton. With us being 3hrs north. They don't seem to want to come up this far to take a look. Imagine that!

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Finding all these great places but they are in Edmonton. With us being 3hrs north. They don't seem to want to come up this far to take a look. Imagine that!

Really?? guess they make too much money....I'll drive anywhere for money

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
What about a local contractor to install them he measures orders and just go pick them up or get them delivered

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well then go to them with measurements oh wait I will hold your hand

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya thanks ass hatoff!! I was just asking for info on where to find the security devices. I'm sure I can figure out how to measure & install them but will drop you a PM if I run into any more problems.
Maybe I should just ask you to come up and sit around the front doors Im sure your pleasant attitude would keep the peps away from the store!

Top Bottom