Commander review/dissapointment

robhayward

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a 2012 Commander Limited, good machine overall. It doesn't ride as smooth as I hoped even the setting the air control to every setting possible. The power is good and the overall capabilities of the machine are good.

This was until I drove a Polaris 900 XP. That machine is a way better ride, more power, better delivery, WAAAAAAAY and I mean 10 times better suspension. This thing is actually fun to drive. The Commander is more of a small ATV/Jeep.

I wish I would have known...
Oh well, it gets the family outside and a 3 year old isn't picky....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to be expected. i think the razr xp and canam maverick need to be compared apples to apples. the xp is deffinetly more of a sport machine while the commander is like you say more of a utility machine.

robhayward

Reaction score
to be expected. i think the razr xp and canam maverick need to be compared apples to apples. the xp is deffinetly more of a sport machine while the commander is like you say more of a utility machine.

I bought before the Maverick was out (probably a year ago now) Too bad I cannot predict the future lol. Plus that atv rack for a box wouldn't do any better than a XP for kids in the back.

dodge1

Reaction score
I bought before the Maverick was out (probably a year ago now) Too bad I cannot predict the future lol. Plus that atv rack for a box wouldn't do any better than a XP for kids in the back.

I also have a 2012 commander ltd 1000. But let's be realistic the polaris XP900 is one of the best utvs out there for the price. When you are on the trails, 90% is polaris. I ride a lot of miles in a day and i need a comforable ride. The commander gives me this and more. We can all argue about who's utv is better. I belive they are all the best. Pick the one you are happpy with and deal with the parts guy! Happy Trails.......

Top Bottom