commander rear wind screen

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does that net that attaches to the rear of the roll cage help control dust?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does that net that attaches to the rear of the roll cage help control dust?
yep, it sure helps if you have a half windshield. I found the best thing for preventing dust intrusion in conjunction with the rear windscreen is to attach a piece of foam water pipe insulation to the front of the box where it meets with the cab so when the box is closed it seals the gap. it still comes up thru the drain holes in the floor but not nearly as bad.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool thanks for the idea, I will try that foam trick . I have the roof and a half windshield.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool thanks for the idea, I will try that foam trick . I have the roof and a half windshield.
the full windshield is crazy for the amount of dust that gets sucked into the cab, I tried mounting the half windshield an inch up off the hood to try and let more air thru but it isn't very solid like that. still debating whether or not to take a hole saw to the very bottom to make a row of one inch air vents.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That might work, to keep the air moving through the cab, but I am also trying to conserve cab heat as much as possible as this is our well checking machine so it usually only gets ridden in cold wet weather

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just thought of this but maybe a good idea to drill holes the size of rubber drain plugs or something where a guy can insert and remove as required

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That might work, to keep the air moving through the cab, but I am also trying to conserve cab heat as much as possible as this is our well checking machine so it usually only gets ridden in cold wet weather
ah, gotcha. another thing I was thinking of doing for cold weather was putting some closeable vents in the cowling on the plastic on either side of the engine. my ol lady is reptilian and hates the cold, the air forcing through from the front would push hot air thru the vents on cold days. these rigs generate an incredible amount of heat, might as well try and use it to our benefit. also thinking of modding the cupholders into a glove dryer.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
ah, gotcha. another thing I was thinking of doing for cold weather was putting some closeable vents in the cowling on the plastic on either side of the engine. my ol lady is reptilian and hates the cold, the air forcing through from the front would push hot air thru the vents on cold days. these rigs generate an incredible amount of heat, might as well try and use it to our benefit. also thinking of modding the cupholders into a glove dryer.

those sound like marketable accessories Tee!!

Top Bottom