Commander 4X4?????

racerfromhell

Reaction score
I just came across this. It is pretty hard to believe......(1) that it is stuck when you can see under it and nothing seems to be "hung up" (2) that it can't get it's self out.....but only 3 wheels are turning......and a Rino has to pull it out:eek:
is there no diff locks on these units?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Puy3h19k7sget[/media]

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anybody can see it gets high centered as soon as it moves forward. Pretty hard to get traction when the front 2 tires are off the ground and the middle is high centered on a 3 foot plus high bank.

racerfromhell

Reaction score
anybody can see it gets high centered as soon as it moves forward. Pretty hard to get traction when the front 2 tires are off the ground and the middle is high centered on a 3 foot plus high bank.

There would be no way my rzr would be stuck there.......thats a fact
Also listen closely "have to get the Rino to pull me out......again"

Last edited:

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm thinkin that guy may also need some driving lessons. i realize to say that when your not actually there is easy, but heck, back up some more and hit that sucker!

was he worried about wrecking the tailgate or what?

as for the diff lock, there isn't and actual button to push, but the visco lock works pretty good, after one of the wheels spins a quarter turn the other kicks in.

racerfromhell

Reaction score
i'm thinkin that guy may also need some driving lessons. i realize to say that when your not actually there is easy, but heck, back up some more and hit that sucker!

as for the diff lock, there isn't and actual button to push, but the visco lock works pretty good, after one of the wheels spins a quarter turn the other kicks in.

yes i agree driving lessons are required

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Quarter turn ....lol , Try 8 to 10 on the commander .

Kelzon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just came across this. It is pretty hard to believe......(1) that it is stuck when you can see under it and nothing seems to be "hung up" (2) that it can't get it's self out.....but only 3 wheels are turning......and a Rino has to pull it out:eek:
is there no diff locks on these units?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Puy3h19k7sget[/media]

You just need a driver that is awake......lol If you look at the clip again, the tow strap is tight ( pulling forward ) and the can am wheels are spinning in reverse Hello !:confused:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These were out takes from the canam promo....Seriously though the new RZR is going to steal a lot of their thunder.... IMO they tryed to build a multi use platform with diffrent variations and that does not work on a S/S .
If you were to add long travel on a commander it is would be well over 70 inchs wide , not to mention close to 1600 lbs. I am not bashing canam ,they make great stuff. I do think POPO has decided as a company to step it up a notch and go head to head with them...

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they didnt put the new QE diffs in the comanders. they put the upgraded diff in a 500 outty , but not in the 1000 comander:confused:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did the Razor engage compared to the 4-5 times of the Comander ??

The rzr xp has more ,power ,ground clearence,suspension travel,less wieght, lower center of gravity .acceleration, better cornering to start with plus a much better 4/4 system as shown in the video`s . To name a few difference`s.
The commander is a nice unit don`t get mr wrong ,but is not in the same class as the rzr S.......And since the introduction of the XP it is behind in all sport catagories.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Except price and reliability.

Comparing all side by side pricing together , I think Popo is not overpriced in today's marketplace for what you are getting.
However you MIGHT have a point on reliability, time will tell there !!
Overall it does look like a great machine that would be a ton O fun !

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it`s fast and reliable ,it ain`t gonna be cheap ,if it`s fast and cheap it ain`t gonna be reliable, if it`s reliable and cheap it aint gonna be fast.....

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Except price and reliability.

FYI; The price on the Commander xt is 17900$ plus GST (including 1200$ pdi ,frieght) in Edmonton with no reduction offered take it or leave it.

Total 18795 $

The MSRP on the rzr 900 XP is 18999 including frieght /pdi .However they will be selling them right now for 16500 $ plus gst.

Total 17325 $

Looks like the RZR 900 is about 1500 $ less

Top Bottom