Commander 1000 keeps blowing belts. HELP

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the title says. We have a commander 1000 and it keeps blowing belys.5 in 600km. The dealer tells us nothing is wrong and to drive it in low range all the time. Really????? If I wanted to go 60km I would have kept the Rino. Anyone else having this problem and any suggerstions on how to fix it would be appreciated.

Thank ahead of time.

dodge1

Reaction score
I have a 2012 comander 1000 and had some same problems too. What size of tires are you running? I am running 27" and blown a belt loading on my sled deck! What i did is dalton clucth kit. Helped like night and day. If you need more info I would be glad to help you. I can tell how i set up my commander and it works! no more blown belts.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are running the stock tires. If you could message me with the info that would be great. Thanks for replying, this is getting very fustrating. We didn't buy the commander to go 60km all the time. We do alot of road riding in our area and like you say loading it and we have blown a belt. I love the commander but it's getting really exspensive with the belt issue.

25AXLE

Reaction score
I got 1300km on my commander and only slipped the belt once and I run 28" Mudlites. It's all in how you drive. The only time mine is in high is high speed road riding. Other then that it's in low, especially when loading or unloading. Another thing that I do, is run with the CVT intake plastic shield off. To allow as much air into the belt housing as possible. To try and keep the belt cool.

Last edited:

..Stiffler..

Reaction score
I have heard about this with a few commanders. I believe behind the primary clutch there is a small small washer (spacer) and sometimes these spacers are missed from factory so your belt is out of line and will get destroyed all the time. maybe take a look at that?

there is no reason why you cant drive in H all the time. definitly use L and 4x4 when loading or unloading on any kind of incline where you are going slow. I ride in H all the time and that was even when I had my 29.5 terminators on. I now have 28" zillas and still in H. even when im climbing up the front of a mountain. over 100 miles put on already and nothing blown, not even any wear.

I do have a cvtech primary tho :eek:

clutching is the way to go tho for sure. for any machine..

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all the pointers. I ride mostly roads and when loading or going up hills it is in low. Mud holes and 4x4 definatly it is in low. I am just really fustrated about this belt issue. I will check the spacer. Thank again.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a 1000 also with 1500km on it now. Still on the first belt, runs great no problems. Mostly roads and occasional cutline. High range almost all the time.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I would bring this old thread back from the dead because one of my friends
has a 2012 commander that eats belts all of the time.900+ km's on the unit and he is
on his 5th belt.He also put in a dalton clutch kit (dealer recomended after he blew the
first 3 belts)I don't know what the problem is,but there for sure has to be something
messed up.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought I would bring this old thread back from the dead because one of my friends
has a 2012 commander that eats belts all of the time.900+ km's on the unit and he is
on his 5th belt.He also put in a dalton clutch kit (dealer recomended after he blew the
first 3 belts)I don't know what the problem is,but there for sure has to be something
messed up.

Is he driving the machine nicely or abusing it?

Top Bottom