Command start new diesel

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2011 Chevy dmax not starting with factory command start, starts fine with key manually but even after starting and still won't start with remote.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I only have aftermarket starters, but does the factory starter have a battery in it? If so... after 2 years I would think it would be time for a new one?

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the CEL light is on for any reason the remote start feature is disabled. Being it's an '11 I am sure warranty will cover whatever is wrong with it....... Being GM that is iffy, but theoretically it should.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the CEL light is on for any reason the remote start feature is disabled. Being it's an '11 I am sure warranty will cover whatever is wrong with it....... Being GM that is iffy, but theoretically it should.

Cel light? Thks for the response.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pffft, wow, how's that for Christmas crown royal fog, but, on the flip side, no, the cel light isn't on

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pffft, wow, how's that for Christmas crown royal fog, but, on the flip side, no, the cel light isn't on
Do you have a iPhone or other smart phone? If so get the mychevy app. It connects through Onstar. You can start, unlock, lock, set alarm, do all kinds of things from your phone. I love it.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have a iPhone or other smart phone? If so get the mychevy app. It connects through Onstar. You can start, unlock, lock, set alarm, do all kinds of things from your phone. I love it.

Ive got it hook through there but I've forgotten my username & password

Anvil1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

For this app to work, do you have to have an On-Star subscription?

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thks for all the help guys, was just an inline fuse !!

Top Bottom