Command start 2015 ram 3500 Laramie

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys need your help. My wife has the truck up at work and called me in regards to the command start and the interior settings. Can you guys tell me as i never checked yet how to set the interior functions so that everything ie: heater, seats, steering wheel etc, all come on when she command starts the truck.

Appreciate your help guys. This is our first ram diesel. Our Duramax automatically was set up from the dealer so we didnt ever do anything, but this truck is not.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 09 ram if it was colder then 3 out and I used the command start all the seats and steering wheel would turn on. And the heater would be on high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now my truck don't even have power windows or locks lol. I miss that fancy stuff

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Owners manual ??? Read it while on the throne

Why can't people read the manual ??? Being a service tech and questions asked that are in the owners manual, urks me...

Sorry for the half a rant

I will read the damn manual when i get home, but as i said my wife has the truck at her work, and i am not there! We just bought the damn truck man! Appreciate your fn help tho mr tech!

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 09 ram if it was colder then 3 out and I used the command start all the seats and steering wheel would turn on. And the heater would be on high.

That as i said was what happened with our 2013 Duramax. My wife told me that she command started this new ram at her work in -20 thinking all the **** would be on just like the Duramax, but when she jumped in the truck, the engine was warm but nothing was on in the truck. I thought i would ask to see if any Ram guys would know why.

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys need your help. My wife has the truck up at work and called me in regards to the command start and the interior settings. Can you guys tell me as i never checked yet how to set the interior functions so that everything ie: heater, seats, steering wheel etc, all come on when she command starts the truck.

Appreciate your help guys. This is our first ram diesel. Our Duramax automatically was set up from the dealer so we didnt ever do anything, but this truck is not.

Got it... All settings are in the U-Connect function and just have not been set up yet from dealer. Wifey will set er all up today.

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1) hit settings on nav
2) scroll to auto comfort
3) select from there

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448729218.059020.jpg

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only thing that will turn on is the steering wheel heat no seats till you sit in them.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only thing that will turn on is the steering wheel heat no seats till you sit in them.

My ford welding truck was like that but my dodge wasn't it would be warm when you got in.

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My command start turns up the heat when she starts my truck. Nice and comfy when I'm ready to leave.

Note: "Contents of this forum have been read by the CIA, FBI, IRS, BATF, DHS, NSA, TSA, EPA, BLM, MSNBC, CrTC, FEDS, ADMINS &MODS. There is absolutely NO expectation of privacy."

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dodge will run on the seats and steering wheel if they are set to do so. I found if you have leather seat they take longer and don't heat up as well as the cloth heated seats. My 13 longhorn obviously had leather and I always kept them on high. With my 14 I always turn them to low once they warm up. Huge difference.

Top Bottom