collar bone

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well went curling today with my little brothers school cause im off school for exams so all was going well then i sliped and fell right on my right sholder and snaped my coller bone in 3 places i wish i had a pic of the xray but they wouldnt email it to me so i have no pic but the middle part of my coller bone is snaped at the shoulder blade and then snaped up by neck/ribs theeni it snaped lower to

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
well went curling today with my little brothers school cause im off school for exams so all was going well then i sliped and fell right on my right sholder and snaped my coller bone in 3 places i wish i had a pic of the xray but they wouldnt email it to me so i have no pic but the middle part of my coller bone is snaped at the shoulder blade and then snaped up by neck/ribs theeni it snaped lower to

been there done that.... friggin turbo M7's.... the first week is the worst... I was 6 weeks recovery..
Maybe longer for you...mine was only 1 break

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ouch that is going to leave a mark

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds terrible. Make sure you are careful so it heals properly. Did you have to have surgery? Sometimes they heal all crooked and can cause you a lot of grief later in life. Do what ever you can so it stays straight and give it time to fully heal up. At least you are young so that should help you a lot!

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea im trying to keep her tride and true. by the way the xray looked im thinking they might have to put a pin in it but we will see in 3 days or less they say they should know

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Pretty lame story of how it happened.....

shoulda come up with something cooler than that....WTF breaks a collar bone curling?????? I hear it can be a violent sport but common.....:confused:

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty lame story of how it happened.....

shoulda come up with something cooler than that....WTF breaks a collar bone curling?????? I hear it can be a violent sport but common.....:confused:

yea its gay as nails but i though it would be fun to run down the ice with 2 sliders haha instead of one big mastake lol

jeffg463

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea its gay as nails but i though it would be fun to run down the ice with 2 sliders haha instead of one big mastake lol

S1tty! Keep that sling on!! I broke mine about 15 years ago kept going hard...... 2 surgeries 4 pins and it's still sh1t.
Never healed properly and it's still wagging at one end. Wish I could do it over and just lay on the couch and let it heal, but noooooooo had to chop some wood, mountain bike, and party!!!:beer::beer:
and damn I still remember it hurt like he!! Better off with a arm broken:d
Good luck Ben!~!

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't keep ya from sleddin though...should it? Suck it up!:d Just kiddin. Speedy recovery!:beer:

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't keep ya from sleddin though...should it? Suck it up!:d Just kiddin. Speedy recovery!:beer:

hasn't kept me off the sled but im in the middle part of life 7 months and mine is not healing my advice if your young take the time to let it heal or every day of your life will be painfull:(

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hasn't kept me off the sled but im in the middle part of life 7 months and mine is not healing my advice if your young take the time to let it heal or every day of your life will be painfull:(

i hope i can use my arm again soon haha

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the doctors pin your collar bone? I hope that they fixed you up as that bone can be a problem if it does not set correctly. I know how tempting sledding and other sports can be but your long term health will suffer if you do not let it heal. The bone needs at least 6 weeks of traction and then a few more months to stregthen before it will be close to as strong as it was. Try and be patient for a few weeks and then start to do some therapy to help strengthen your bones and muscles. It sounds like you have a good support group helping you which always helps!

Good luck with the healing process!

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the doctors pin your collar bone? I hope that they fixed you up as that bone can be a problem if it does not set correctly. I know how tempting sledding and other sports can be but your long term health will suffer if you do not let it heal. The bone needs at least 6 weeks of traction and then a few more months to stregthen before it will be close to as strong as it was. Try and be patient for a few weeks and then start to do some therapy to help strengthen your bones and muscles. It sounds like you have a good support group helping you which always helps!

Good luck with the healing process!

thanks im going to hear tomorrow about the pin but looking at the xray the way it broke im going to need a pin or a plate

Top Bottom