cold starting 08 nytro

dirk660

Reaction score
i was wondering if there is a trick to getting these nytro's started in cold weather. it has been about 25 below here and i when i go out to start it, it will fire up and die about 2-3 times before it takes off. i thought that fuel inj should work better than that, but maybe there is a trick too it, i just got it and i am not real familiar with the machine. any advise would be appreciated, but if that's the way they are, that's the way they are ,but i no the polaris guys here in town are gonna make fun of me because there's start right up!!

W

woodies

now are you running race gas?that makes a diff.but they are a bitch sometimes to start for sure!very cold will be hard starters i found with race gas!if you can get a propane torch unlite of course and feed it some near the intake makes a engine fire right up!

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny - was just talking to a buddy that was mentioning the same thing. Hard starting when cold.

dirk660

Reaction score
i may have found a remedy for this problem. i talked to my dealer and the service manager said if we turn up the low end settings for the computer that it helps, it's like putting in a bigger pilot jet. he tried it on his in -35 and it fired right up he figures they are set too lean for emissions.

big_water

Reaction score
My bran new Apex is the same. I leave it in the garage or have a smart charger running to the remote wires if I leave it outside. When your 2 stroke buddies laugh, tell them their turns will come when fuel up time comes.

marcush

Reaction score
My bran new Apex is the same. I leave it in the garage or have a smart charger running to the remote wires if I leave it outside. When your 2 stroke buddies laugh, tell them their turns will come when fuel up time comes.

if you hold your hand over the rear exhaust ontil it fires one ore twice it should take rite off acts like a choke try it!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup mines a bitch too i used a hair dryer to blow warm air into the air cleaner then it sucks in warm air a little trick that darren taught me at E&S :eek:

chemmod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can buy a inline circulating block heater that will help. Also cycle the fuel pump 2 or 3 times then fire it up. Mine does the same thing and I don't really blame it when it is colder than -30 out I'm don't feel like going to work either. The heat on the clutchs works okay, but heat on the oil can works better on a 4 stroke.

Just my thought

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its pretty much un-avoidable this is the secon year with mine and its done that since day one but it always starts so i just anticipate 2-3 tries when the mercury dips but in the end it always starts

Top Bottom