code 84 tors

jsquared

Reaction score
I just purchased a new 2010 nytro rode it for the first time in the mountains on thursday ran great, friday morning when i started it, code 84 was flashing its some trottle over ride system. i just let it run for a bit and it didnt go away started it and shut it off a bunch of times and it went away ran it friday and sat and i didnt see it again. but my question is why did this happen and is there any way to over ride it because it fu#%&^%$ sucks when u travel 9hrs to sled and you have trouble.

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the thottle cable to make sure you isn't binding or pulled through. Did you install a steering relocation kit or does it have one already? If it does have a relocation kit make sure the throttle cable is routed under the handle bars (stock is over the handle bars). If the cable is pooched a new one is about $50 bucks from Yamaha or $58 for an extended one from CR. It is a real b!tch to change especially if you have a turbo. When it happened to mine we had to loosen and move the intercooler, headlight, rad etc out of the way to get at it and it was still tight.

Be thankful that it works. The alternative is a sled going Mach 1 without you on it! lol

shutout

Reaction score
My Apex had this problem too. You can adjust the throttle cable so that this does not happen. Sounds as if the cable is a little too tight, back off on the ajustment a little.

Top Bottom