Cobra Cord

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else tried this yet?
Curious to know of I'm wasting time and money.

They claim to be life time. You break one. Send it back and they replace. They are 5mm. My cat rope is 6mm. And I break one every season at 35 bucks a pop.

Here's to hoping I didn't get suckered in to pretty color rope and a billet handle and that this product actually lasts for longer then a season.

If you have it. Let me know your take on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181223-132301_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181223-132301_Gallery.jpg
    976.2 KB · Views: 397
  • Screenshot_20181223-132330_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181223-132330_Gallery.jpg
    857.6 KB · Views: 371
  • Screenshot_20181223-132340_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181223-132340_Gallery.jpg
    969.2 KB · Views: 388
  • Screenshot_20181223-132350_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181223-132350_Gallery.jpg
    983.5 KB · Views: 364
  • Screenshot_20181223-132405_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181223-132405_Gallery.jpg
    892.1 KB · Views: 368

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doubt the Cat cord is just breaking, I have found that you have to pay attention to how hard it is to pull, if it seems to suddenly become more effort the cord has probably gotten hooked on something and will start wearing quickly. It also helps to check all the various things the Cord passes close by or over and make sure there are no sharp edges. Don’t start it then just drop the handle and let it return, that is when the sudden slack lets it wrap over places it shouldn’t be. Just gently return the handle to its start.

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FYI: I’ve used synthetic wire rope for quad winches for years, stuff lasts forever. I suspect the cobra cord is the same stuff

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doubt the Cat cord is just breaking, I have found that you have to pay attention to how hard it is to pull, if it seems to suddenly become more effort the cord has probably gotten hooked on something and will start wearing quickly. It also helps to check all the various things the Cord passes close by or over and make sure there are no sharp edges. Don’t start it then just drop the handle and let it return, that is when the sudden slack lets it wrap over places it shouldn’t be. Just gently return the handle to its start.

I have tons of rub Mark's where the cord touches everything. Part of it is I dont pull straight back either. Always seem to pull at an angle. And yes more often then not I tend to let go of the handle rather then a slow return.
Some bad habits that need breaking

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My turbo pro has the cord running right beside the hot side of the turbo, I purchased this cord after confirming that it will be replaced even if it failed due to melting to a turbo. I was told that it is a %100 no questions asked replacement. So far so good.... and nobody can shake a stick at a company that stands behind their product like this in today’s day and age.

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went through 4 stock ones in one season on my cat have had the same blue cobra cord rope for 4 seasons now with no issues at all faded in color to white around the pipe are but that is all

drunkukrainian

Reaction score
Chucked one in mine, this is my first cat and was really surprised by all the rub marks in the rope...just make sure you leave a just a little tail for the knot to tighten, I melted mine flush the first time and it pulled through on the second day haha. No issues into the second year on mine.

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 999 Cat twin in a Rev chassis a number of years ago and I had to pull the motor to get the recoil off. Not fun. After I broke the first normal one, I went to a silver looking one that was similar to that and never had a problem. The recoils were too small in diameter for those big twins and they were notoriously hard to pull over if they had any compression.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I put bow string wax on my pull cord as it was frayed from new.
Bad routing of cord....there is no good route unless you put two more guide eyes to pass through.
Looks like the Cobra Cord is the easy way to go.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, looks like they make a good product. And as mentioned they stand behind it.
All I can do, is try it out. See what happens.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There website was cheapest I found them at. Ordered 9 cords and handles directly from them.

Top Bottom