Coalmont

mozey-on-inn

Reaction score
Website
www.mozey-on-inn.com
Coalmont Snow Report

Just thought I'd let everyone know that we've had 3 snowfalls here now, and have 7" on the ground right in town.... Up the hill at Blakeburn there is obviously more, and the snowmobiles are coming out in force now....

Is there a forum that covers the Princeton - Coalmont - Blakeburn - Lodestone - Tulameen area, or is this as close as it gets?....

Bob

mozey-on-inn

Reaction score
Website
www.mozey-on-inn.com
Snow Report, Dec. 21

Update on the snow conditions:

We had another 3-4" overnight, and have at least 10" on the ground in scenic downtown Coalmont.... :cool:

Current temperature (8:30am Sunday Dec. 21) is -20*C....

Bob

mozey-on-inn

Reaction score
Website
www.mozey-on-inn.com
Yesterday's snow never materialized.... It has warmed slightly to -12*C and we still have a 10" base in downtown Coalmont.... :d

Merry Christmas & Happy Sledding....

Bob

bucket

Reaction score
Hi Bob,

I am heading to Tulameen tomorrow. Looking to meet other sledders up there so I do not end up lost.. we are staying just past tulameen but its quick to pop back to coalmont.. can you recommend where to go to meet local riders; as i have just got a cabin up there. Have done a ton of sledding in the backcountry in whistler and revvy. Thanks!

mozey-on-inn

Reaction score
Website
www.mozey-on-inn.com
Check at the Tulameen Trading Post, they can probably point you in the right direction to find other riders (and they sell a trail map).... or use the contact on the Tulameen Club website I listed (I didn't have permission to place it here, as I don't know the guy personally)....

Bob

mozey-on-inn

Reaction score
Website
www.mozey-on-inn.com
Sunday Jan. 4, 2009

We had a dusting of snow overnight.... yesterday was brilliant sunshine but well below freezing and the snow base is now 11" in downtown Coalmont.... Currently cloudy with sunny periods and -9*C....

Bob

mozey-on-inn

Reaction score
Website
www.mozey-on-inn.com
Jan 5, 2009

We had another 1.5" of snow overnight and there is currently a foot of snow on the ground in beautiful downtown Coalmont.... milder today, just -5*C....

If anyone has a snow report for up the hill at Blakeburn - Lodestone please feel free to post it here.... :d

Bob

chucker

Reaction score
Hey Bob, I even know where Coalmont is, I was thru there this summer. I was interested in the cabins being built by a developer. Beautiful county, in and around Coalmont. You have a great looking building, I hope it is working for you.

mozey-on-inn

Reaction score
Website
www.mozey-on-inn.com
Jan. 7, 2009

We had a couple of inches of wet snow / freezing rain overnight.... There is now a solid 1 foot base of snow in downtown Coalmont.... It is +1*C and raining here, but snowing higher up in the mountains....

Bob

mozey-on-inn

Reaction score
Website
www.mozey-on-inn.com
Coalmont is 12 mi. (19 km) west of Princeton, on the road to Tulameen.... The bridge at the south end of town over the Tulameen River leads to the FSRs going up the mountain to Blakeburn, Slate Cr., Lodestone, etc....

Bob

mozey-on-inn

Reaction score
Website
www.mozey-on-inn.com
Jan 9, 2009

We had another inch of snow overnight.... yesterday's warm temperatures compacted the base to 11".... Currently -3*C in Coalmont and partly cloudy....

Bob

mozey-on-inn

Reaction score
Website
www.mozey-on-inn.com
Mon. Jan 18, 2009

Most of the snow on the roofs in town is gone and the base has compacted to 9".... We had no new snow overnight in Coalmont, but just a few hundred feet above the town there is a fresh snowline on the trees.... We have been able to hear the Snowmobiles on the hills across the River for the past few days, so there is definitely some sledding going on....:cool:

Bob

Top Bottom