Cluth problem on xfire 800...

AC4life

Reaction score
i have a 2007 crossfire 800 and im having problems with my clutch disengaging. When ever i let off the throttle or come to a complete stop it seems to stay engaged at around 1500-2000 rpm and causes the sled to stall out. The sled has 3900 miles on it and im sure its time to do some rebuild work to both clutches, just wondering where to start.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
i have a 2007 crossfire 800 and im having problems with my clutch disengaging. When ever i let off the throttle or come to a complete stop it seems to stay engaged at around 1500-2000 rpm and causes the sled to stall out. The sled has 3900 miles on it and im sure its time to do some rebuild work to both clutches, just wondering where to start.

You could have a bad roller on the clutch.It will make your clutch weights wear out and look like this.Could cause it to stick open.Bad bushing in clutch.....

IMGP2339.jpg

AC4life

Reaction score
Thanks. I just went out and took a closer look at it and found that one of the tiny set screws that holds the weight centered on the cross bolt is worn out causing it to move side to side. I also saw where the weight was wearing a gouge on the one side of the space it sits in. If i replace the cross bolt weight and set screw this should fix my problem then?

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Thanks. I just went out and took a closer look at it and found that one of the tiny set screws that holds the weight centered on the cross bolt is worn out causing it to move side to side. I also saw where the weight was wearing a gouge on the one side of the space it sits in. If i replace the cross bolt weight and set screw this should fix my problem then?

There is a good chance that the set screw ether backed off or was never tightened in the right spot. There is a little indent or hole in the cross bolt.Make sure you tighten the set screw into that.Use a fair amount of heat to remove that set screw or you will strip it.Use loctite to put it back in.I'm sure the cross bolt will still be fine.There will be an o ring on each side of that cross bolt as well.Make sure those are on there .Keeps the weight in the middle of the rollers...........Look at the other ones to compare it to.

:beer:

Top Bottom