Clutch's, springs,weights and helix's???

krazy k

Reaction score
Hello people, just a quick question about springs, helix's and weights? What is the best combo set-up for M8? And also what does the different colored springs do or mean for the primary and secondary clutch's? If anyone could help out, it would be awesome thanks. I ride in the mountains 99% of the time.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello people, just a quick question about springs, helix's and weights? What is the best combo set-up for M8? And also what does the different colored springs do or mean for the primary and secondary clutch's? If anyone could help out, it would be awesome thanks. I ride in the mountains 99% of the time.
Well, I'd love to just spit some info out for you about setup, but it isn't that easy. First off, what is the year of your M8? Any mods? Track length and lug height? Factory gearing, or has it been changed? What do you weigh with gear. What elevation do you ride? What do you dislike about your current setup? Harsh engagement? Belt wear? Poor upshift or backshift? There is a TON of information needed before any recommendations can be made, and everyhing is based on a clean, properly working clutch with a "new" belt that is broken in properly. And FYI, springs are colored differently as a means of identifying spring rates - each manufacturer (OEM or aftermarket) will have an inital rate and finish rate for thier spring - this can affect engagement, operating RPM, and side force on the belt (or grip).

Last edited:
Top Bottom