clutching

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a 07 rev shr860 i am running dj s8r helix with the stock purple secondary, 19/45 gears about 20.3 grams... last year it run good with a 151 track this spring put a 162 and it doesnt seem to be back shifting aswell ,,, not sure what primary spring i put in but will be pulling it apart to see what it is ... can some one give some pointers what to look for and how to set this

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there any reading material on clutching out that anyone knows of

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alov Aaen's clutch book is the "Bible" of clutching of you have the time to read it.

151 to a 162 track is more load. Definately check your primary and secondary spring fitness or replace if you know there's a bunch of miles on them. You may end up running a clicker number higher or dropping a gram or so from the pins.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alov Aaen's clutch book is the "Bible" of clutching of you have the time to read it.

151 to a 162 track is more load. Definately check your primary and secondary spring fitness or replace if you know there's a bunch of miles on them. You may end up running a clicker number higher or dropping a gram or so from the pins.

springs are new this spring one ride out them... where can i find that book

drop the hammer

Reaction score
I'd check your rollers/arms and secondary rollers since you just did the springs they should be fine. Verify you are running the correct primary spring. You may need to drop pin weight with that much more track now. But i'd verify primary spring first. Also verify you put in the helix on the right ramp, since the other one won't work correctly.

Also ensure belt tension is adjusted right, perhaps when you put it back together the tension is not quite as tight, the QRS is very sensitive to this setting and have seen similar results from just a loose belt.

Best free reading on clutching is found here:
http://www.mxzx-revzone.com/article/calibration-theory-and-application-8.asp
Lots of links on his website to info specific to the XRS from just have to dig around a bit.

Top Bottom