Clutching for 155 3"

css

Reaction score
Whats everyone running for weights and helix with there 155s. Riding 6-8000'. My set uo is mtnk fix kit with 13-1 par head. 64g belly buster and 60-40 helix. Pulling 7800rpm on a climb. Gonna try a stock helix today. I know the helix is pretty steep so hopefully the stock one will be better. Just curios to see what everyone else is running. I also have a c3 belt drive geared down from stock but I cant remember the ratio. Might try gearing lower for the next trip. So far even not pulling the proper rpm the 3" is very impressive. Thanks for any info :)

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would stay with that helix....you are running in the 40* most of the time and stock is 42. What springs are you running? I would suggest a 140/340 primary and the black/purple secondary....keep the 60/40.?? And adjust flyweights to get desired RPM.
If you are running 7T drivers, we have found that is a good compensation for gearing running the 3" vs stock track. Gearing too low will drop RPM and give up performance. I would think no lower than a 2.25 ratio with 7T drivers. We stayed with 2.15 on our stock engined 162-3" and it worked great....main difference being we ran MTX weights but the Belly Busters work great.

css

Reaction score
I am running the slp blue pink primary and stock secondary spring.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running the slp blue pink primary and stock secondary spring.
Thats the 140/340 primary. Maybe step up the secondary spring and also 2 delrin washers. I put them together in the spring cup. If that doesnt get the RPM you want, then maybe 62g's.

Top Bottom