Clutch Kits

Mister Bee

Reaction score
I am thinking of putting a clutch kit on my 09 Summit X 154" and was wondering what brands is everyone using, and any benefits/complaints they have with them. By the way my machine is stock except for an MBRP can.

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of putting a clutch kit on my 09 Summit X 154" and was wondering what brands is everyone using, and any benefits/complaints they have with them. By the way my machine is stock except for an MBRP can.

We have also put together a mountain only setup for '08-'09 Summit XP's. feel free to call the shop in the evening for details. Good improvements over stock in every aspect. We change out ramps, primary spring, pin weights and helix dpending on specific application. :beer:
Rooster Built, Auburn, Wa. 253-333-8533

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 XP 154 and I went with Bill Cudney at Cudney racing in Ont. Very easy to install, good instructions, outstanding performance.:beer: Oh ya, you get it in three days!

BIG HEAD

Reaction score
We have also put together a mountain only setup for '08-'09 Summit XP's. feel free to call the shop in the evening for details. Good improvements over stock in every aspect. We change out ramps, primary spring, pin weights and helix dpending on specific application. :beer:
Rooster Built, Auburn, Wa. 253-333-8533

Hey Brew, how did you find this forum? initiation is painfull..LOL welcome to the promise land. aka red-eye

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 08's and 09's are a LOT different than previous years and unless testing is actually done in the mountains, chances are good the clutch kit won't live up to the hype. Winter Brew has a good handle on a mountain set-up. I haven't purchased his kit, but he "pointed me in the right direction" earlier in the season and I can say that belt temps were reduced and trackspeed was a bit higher, but flatland driveability suffered. Not an issue if you are a mountain only guy. I am working with Dynamo Joe right now and have a set of custom grind ramps in the beast to be tested this weekend. Based on what I have been seeing, bouncing between the 415's,413's, and 441's these SHOULD be the shiznit. I posted my theorys on DJ's website and ended up getting a call from DJ hisself....he apparently liked my theorys and realized I more or less understood what was "missing" from the current clutch set-ups. Anyways...I installed 100% DJ Beta-ramp set-up with the QR11 helix (Joe's) and will be testing tomorow and Sunday in Revy. I also have a set of Tom's Snowmobile "magic arms" to test....but Joes first, then Tom's, then the "Dave blend". Stay tuned. I really think these ramps are gonna be the real deal.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joe's custom grind ramps are awesome! They have a start like a 415 and finish like a 441. Snow in Revy was marginal, but I was able to get a few good pulls in. These ramps should show a big improvement on the 08's and allow some finer tuning on the 09's.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing how things work, i am looking into a DJ kit for my XP right now. Also heard about Tom's magic arms and am anxiously awaiting your results.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been waiting a month and a hafe for Joe to build me a kit for my 06 Rev with no luck yet! Anyway I asked him if he could buld my kit with the Tom arms as part of the kit, if he felt it was worth the money. I'm interested to see if what you find with Joes kit /Tom's arms. My brothers 08 XP has a Joe kit in it and has been worth every penny. It does not have Toms arms but we will if it helps.:d:beer:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has the 06 got the roller secondary? If so.....I can help ya out with Joe parts....

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
@OVERKILL 19
What is your email address so I can look it up. I don't know who you are.
best to get a hold of me https://www.mxzx-revzone.com/forum/
dynamo-joe@shaw.ca
As far as waiting for a month and a 1/2....if you filled out the form the data is gone up to the 17th Jan/09. I don't have anything before that date because of website database fkup. Website is fixed after 18th and now emails/orders/info@ is working smoothly and I can keep up a bit.
If you had an order in prior to 17th I hope you can fill it out again, I now back everything up in the evening on the server.

Regarding the new ramp....
This is where I started to look at a completely different ramp.
ski-doo snowmobile forums - DOOTalk.com
Figured after all the primary springs I played with that would not lower rpms on the road and maintain good rpms in the hills, either come up with a funky helix or completely different ramp.
The questions I asked pointed to me what to do on the ramp. The challenge was to figure out where on the ramp was the mph's show up.

Still waiting on the machine shop to send me some to check out vs. original I gound up. Been waiting over a week and a 1/2 on to what was supposed to be an overnight shipment. The machinist there is a one man show and works on machine stuff from yamaha/porche/nascar/antique sleds. 4 foot tall, wild eyed, wigged out hair, 20 grit sandpaper hands, crazy "mwaa haa haaa" laugh mad scientist kind of guy. He is pegged busy but does good work. Need the quality so this guy will come through with that....just slow. haha

Far as DaveB, I think he know's what he likes and has a good grasp at calibrating - curiosity is right up there. :wtg: Could not resist the temptation to send him something he was looking to find out ( I betcha this will work) haha
The ramps I don't care for regarding big bore, from testing 2 of them (both around 169hp on dyno with actual dyno sheet) they build rpms too quick and would hit the rev limiter for 10 feet, then drop rpms and stand the sled up on its tail. Dave knows how to get around this with primary spring however I am not going to send that in a kit. The bbore ramps are more aggressive start angle and allow the engine to lug harder when whacking the throttle.

DaveB, I will send a big bore ramp to you when some more ramps I can grind up come in....hoping by friday they'll be here, I asked the race dept to get them here by the weekend.
I'll get you to send those ramps back to me, Im grinding the start on them with a flatter angle. I been messing with a step start helix I made so im gonna need more ramps to carve up.

If anyone want to me on the mailing list for the new ramps I made, then
dynamo-joe@shaw.ca
Subject line; Ramp mail list.
My email will auto put you onto a list and I will respond when the ramps are commissioned.

Please don't message me here, rather
MXZX-Revzone Forum
or
dynamo-joe@shaw.ca
or
Info@mxzx-revzone.com

thanks

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The machinist there is a one man show and works on machine stuff from yamaha/porche/nascar/antique sleds. 4 foot tall, wild eyed, wigged out hair, 20 grit sandpaper hands, crazy "mwaa haa haaa" laugh mad scientist kind of guy. He is pegged busy but does good work. Need the quality so this guy will come through with that....just slow. haha

LMAO...very well said...cheers!

TKOOIL

Reaction score
I have 2 buddies with xp's identical sleds rode both in Valemount the DJ kit pulled better than the heavy hitter kit.The DJ kit also has 800 km on belt while the heavy hitter has got 500 and had to change it.Both noticeable improvements though.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DJ Hooked me up today and i filled out his forum only a little while ago (no more than a week). Kit should be on it's way soon, can't wait to rip it up with it. Thanks DJ !!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
@OVERKILL 19
What is your email address so I can look it up. I don't know who you are.
best to get a hold of me https://www.mxzx-revzone.com/forum/
dynamo-joe@shaw.ca
As far as waiting for a month and a 1/2....if you filled out the form the data is gone up to the 17th Jan/09. I don't have anything before that date because of website database fkup. Website is fixed after 18th and now emails/orders/info@ is working smoothly and I can keep up a bit.
If you had an order in prior to 17th I hope you can fill it out again, I now back everything up in the evening on the server.

Regarding the new ramp....
This is where I started to look at a completely different ramp.
ski-doo snowmobile forums - DOOTalk.com
Figured after all the primary springs I played with that would not lower rpms on the road and maintain good rpms in the hills, either come up with a funky helix or completely different ramp.
The questions I asked pointed to me what to do on the ramp. The challenge was to figure out where on the ramp was the mph's show up.

Still waiting on the machine shop to send me some to check out vs. original I gound up. Been waiting over a week and a 1/2 on to what was supposed to be an overnight shipment. The machinist there is a one man show and works on machine stuff from yamaha/porche/nascar/antique sleds. 4 foot tall, wild eyed, wigged out hair, 20 grit sandpaper hands, crazy "mwaa haa haaa" laugh mad scientist kind of guy. He is pegged busy but does good work. Need the quality so this guy will come through with that....just slow. haha

Far as DaveB, I think he know's what he likes and has a good grasp at calibrating - curiosity is right up there. :wtg: Could not resist the temptation to send him something he was looking to find out ( I betcha this will work) haha
The ramps I don't care for regarding big bore, from testing 2 of them (both around 169hp on dyno with actual dyno sheet) they build rpms too quick and would hit the rev limiter for 10 feet, then drop rpms and stand the sled up on its tail. Dave knows how to get around this with primary spring however I am not going to send that in a kit. The bbore ramps are more aggressive start angle and allow the engine to lug harder when whacking the throttle.

DaveB, I will send a big bore ramp to you when some more ramps I can grind up come in....hoping by friday they'll be here, I asked the race dept to get them here by the weekend.
I'll get you to send those ramps back to me, Im grinding the start on them with a flatter angle. I been messing with a step start helix I made so im gonna need more ramps to carve up.

If anyone want to me on the mailing list for the new ramps I made, then
dynamo-joe@shaw.ca
Subject line; Ramp mail list.
My email will auto put you onto a list and I will respond when the ramps are commissioned.

Please don't message me here, rather
MXZX-Revzone Forum
or
dynamo-joe@shaw.ca
or
Info@mxzx-revzone.com

thanks

Glad to see you on this site! I started late Dec trying to PM you on Dootalk to your web site online form. You sent me a PM awile back and you said you had my trouble with the web site and you had my info but I have not heard back from you yet. But no worry's as I believe it will be worth the wait. :beer:
P.S I bought a kit from you last year for my Brothers 08 XPX163, it has been killer. Any upgrade's yet?

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
@OVERKILL 19; any upgrades yet?

Joe; Just the ramps to go with the 07/08 kit.

--------------------------
Far as upgrade goes I am working on a few more helix's now, have one made up and is in Lamont AB getting tested and see what he has to say, want to know what he doesn't like about it. Going to make a few versions of it and then start to test this summer with a 154 on grass....then wait for Nov to go back to Golden as can get up to 8000 feet up there. Or gonna go to MT so I can get to some different snow up higher. Hoping for around 10K feet.

I want my kits to make guys go :eek:

Top Bottom