Clutch kits for rzr xp

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What clutch kits seem to be working the best on the rzr 900?

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ended up ordering a dragonfire racing clutch kit

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about you guys but 8,000 RPM seems to be the sweet spot. if you're running stock tires or close to, why spend the money. In our current riding conditions around Red Deer I'm having trouble reaching the floor with the throttle (too much power). The only way I will mess with it is if I go larger with the tires.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im running 28" tires and seem to have a bit of belt slippage now thats why I was going with a clutch kit.Dragonfires clutch kit arrived and well son of a bitch! Its says epi on the helix!I think they are selling epi's stuff claiming it is theirs.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let me know how it works. what kind of tires are you runnin?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im running 28" tires and seem to have a bit of belt slippage now thats why I was going with a clutch kit.Dragonfires clutch kit arrived and well son of a bitch! Its says epi on the helix!I think they are selling epi's stuff claiming it is theirs.
There are lots of clutch kits out there that use EPI or Dalton springs....there is a limited number of companies that can make a quality spring.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A generic kit is not the answer........Talk to Mark at Holz racing or Adam at QSC (quad shop customs) .They will set you you up right....Most of the springs are similar depending on their rating,as well it is the weight and profile of the weight that make a huge difference........

You need to call them and tell them , your tire size extra weight you may have and MOST importantly how you ride !!!! A little difference in weight can give you the launch you want, ETC. Or the stall you need to trail ride,yet turn tires in the thick stuff,for example.
One combo of springs with one type of weight might work well,yet a slight change in curvature or flyweights might not work well together and be worse than stock..............IMO
Both Adam and Mark can send you EXACTLY what works rather than a generic guesstimate kit.......................jm2c.

Last edited:

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im running 28" swamp lites. You tell dragonfire what you are running for tires, exhaust, programmers ect, and what elevation your riding at and they send you the weights and springs that they think will work best for you.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im running 28" swamp lites. You tell dragonfire what you are running for tires, exhaust, programmers ect, and what elevation your riding at and they send you the weights and springs that they think will work best for you.

That's the upside to Dalton, you can adjust to what works.

Top Bottom