clutch issues

thorrider11

Reaction score
Just a question to see if any one else has had the same issues,I have a 2010 xp with 400miles i was having rpm issues so i took apart my primary to find that it is NFG it needs everthing sliding half ,spring cap, ramps, rollers, pins,and washers just wondering why with such littel km that my whole clutch is done? Thanks

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you buy it new? Has it had recent service? Maybe someone at the dealership put the wrong clutch on by mistake or the sled has more than 400 miles. Your clutch should be mint on a 2010. It isn't a 2007 thats for sure.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same questions as snopro, The clutch should be dirty but like new yet if the miles are correct.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take a picture of this clutch and its components and post it up so we can see it.

I can see maybe buttons and orings needing replaced, but ramps and rollers? Not with 400 miles. 2010's didn't have the bad spring caps either, and the sliding half bushing you mean? Again, 400 miles, something else is wrong. Being its a 2010, any warranty left?

thorrider11

Reaction score
im not sure if i have warranty left ill find out this week. I did not find the clip that holds in center bushing i think possible it was never installed from factory

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recently took apart my 2010 clutch with 1200miles on it to put in a clutch kit and all it needed was a couple bushings. The rollers, ramps and spring were all good still. Something sounds a little fishy. Are you sure its all shot or did some one tell you that it needs to be replaced. Some one might be just trying to get your money. Maybe just a thought....

jackinthebox

Reaction score
I recently took apart my 2010 clutch with 1200miles on it to put in a clutch kit and all it needed was a couple bushings. The rollers, ramps and spring were all good still. Something sounds a little fishy. Are you sure its all shot or did some one tell you that it needs to be replaced. Some one might be just trying to get your money. Maybe just a thought....

my thoughts as well.

CB1

Reaction score
My 09 XP clutch needed a complete rebuild after 380 miles. Ramps rollers you name it. Warranty fixed it. Got the new warranty clutch up and running for only 50 miles and clutch grenaded again. Wil not go back for warranty. I took it to Micku's and had them install a clutch out of a 06 Rev. It runs better and no problems now.

thorrider11

Reaction score
I got warranty for my clutch yes the hole thing was done.its all back together now with a MICKU clutch kit in it cross my fingers it last more then 450 miles lol

Top Bottom