clutch issues

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

just read a thread about some guy stranded in the back of Salmon with a broken spider in his primary in his 2010 M8. Is that an issue with this sled. I've only managed to put 700 miles on mine so far but it's always nice to know what to expect.

Kruchy

Reaction score
Broken spring on primary within 200 miles and cracked helix on secondary around 900 miles. Thats on my 2010 M8 with 1300 miles currently.

mountaincatab

Reaction score
Broken spring on primary within 200 miles and cracked helix on secondary around 900 miles. Thats on my 2010 M8 with 1300 miles currently.

Has this issue been resolved by AC on the 2011 models?? Did warranty cover replacement. The reason I ask is I'm currently looking for a 2010 or 2011.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warranty will cover it. Also there is an update i beleive for the primary clutch spring issue. Out of multiple 2010 M8's that we had for rentals last season that got probably atleast 2000km/each we only had one helix crack and once i changed the primary springs over to one that i use in the primary we didn't have any issues and they also engaged way nicer and smoother.

Kruchy

Reaction score
Did that get covered under your warranty??
Yes warranty covered this years helix problem under Cat Care. Last year I had replaced the spring myself because no one would warranty it. Glen is right there was a recall on the primary spring.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone that is looking to make there M8 or M1000 work alot more user freindly we have clutching in stock for a very reasonable price that change how your sleds feels and works. It will make it engage nice and soft and smooth, you wont believe the difference it makes especially in deep powder or playin in the tree's. I have sold lots of these set-ups and havn't had one unhappy customer yet.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone that is looking to make there M8 or M1000 work alot more user freindly we have clutching in stock for a very reasonable price that change how your sleds feels and works. It will make it engage nice and soft and smooth, you wont believe the difference it makes especially in deep powder or playin in the tree's. I have sold lots of these set-ups and havn't had one unhappy customer yet.

Whats the set up that ur using on the 10 m8's??

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the set up that ur using on the 10 m8's??

I run a different primary spring and it makes the sled a complete different ride. It makes it smooth engagment sweet for powder or tree's aspecially and doesn't lose anything at all on hardpack conditions. It is also alot easier on belts and drivetrain. I also have rk tek secondary kits available aswell. Pm me for pricing if interested.

Top Bottom