Clutch adjustment measurements.

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
I have a 08 summit 800r and just replaced my E Module... (wow what a big job!!) ..

I was wondering if anyone had the spec for mesurments between the motor mounts, and clutches.. I don't have a book yet but would like to get it ballparked and running.

Thanks in advance.

Fat Guy.

drop the hammer

Reaction score
Yup, many of the XP's i ride with have tweaked theirs, some guys don't even know it. I jump on the sled and look down and one ski is a couple inches further back than the other. Can really see it in the trailer as the quick clamps are angled. Mine is good so far, cross my fingers for a rock free november.

How long did it take you to replace it? did you just bolt it back together after rivet removal?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
****thread hijack*****

brad do you have any dj mountain ramps available for sale?

****you can now return to your regulary scheduled thread****

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was your S ok? I bent/broke my E and can't tell if the S is ok or not.

Ya s module was cracked to.. And ya my right side ski was back a good inch and a half.. E module is no easy task to replace but was nice to learn how the whole thing is built.
The only way I knew the s was no good was when inpulled it apart and seen a very small crack.

Fatguy

I also noticed that only half my front heat exchanger was attached as all the bottom rivets wore threw.

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long did it take you to replace it? did you just bolt it back together after rivet removal?[/QUOTE]

All in all with no air tools and just a drill and grinder was about 20 hours from complete tear down to complete rebuild. I powder coated the E module black and looks pretty sweet.. Lol

All the holes that were 1/4 inch got bolts put back in as a replacement with a good shot of locktite on them.
All of the 3/16 holes got rivits put back in..

I also put all the rivets and bolts back in in such a way the will make it way easier to do next time... ( hope I never have to) but this season hasn't started yet and I love early season riding... Lol

Last edited:

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any pics? I'll be doing mine soon. Trying to decide if I try to get another year before I do it. I bent mine early last year and rode her all year with no ill effects. I know if I fix it I'll find Mr Rock again :rant:

Top Bottom