Clunky sorta rubby feeling when riding.

Stefan Plouffe

Reaction score
Hey guys took my 154 x for a little rip today about 20 kms and every once and awhile I can feel a sorta clunky feeling not a noise but feel it in the running boards almost like a lug clunking or rub I don't know hard to tell but I looked over the machine when back in garage and nothing loose any ideas? Or anybody else feel that? Not when on the juice just sorta cruising slow down a trail

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys took my 154 x for a little rip today about 20 kms and every once and awhile I can feel a sorta clunky feeling not a noise but feel it in the running boards almost like a lug clunking or rub I don't know hard to tell but I looked over the machine when back in garage and nothing loose any ideas? Or anybody else feel that? Not when on the juice just sorta cruising slow down a trail

Yup..

Sent from a iPhone

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its your track ratcheting, mine did the same thing. I suggest tightening it before you screw up your drivers.

Stefan Plouffe

Reaction score
Ill double check track tension this morning but I've ridden sleds a fair bit in my life I don't think it's that I'm gonna ride my sled to work this morning and see if I feel it again.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its most likely ice in the tunnel. It can be an alarming sound until you realize that is what it is.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just posted the same thing in the Poo section about my Pro, I guess none are immune.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just posted the same thing in the Poo section about my Pro, I guess none are immune.

Yep snowmobiles can get snow and ice in there tunnels Chris, no matter the brand...............................................................Loooool. J/K.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
track needs to be retensioned after the first ride they do strech and straighten out. and then there will be a ton of ice buildup like mentioned. also check your alignment. could be rubbing on one side.

S.Now

Reaction score
Mine did the same... Started noticing it after the first ride of the season... tightened up the track, and she's good-to-go! :)

Polaris Lady

Reaction score
My pro had the clunky noise too, here is what it was

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358524512.882885.jpg

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I noticed it to and No it wasnt the track rachetting as that is an obvious sound that if you cant tell that about from ice you should not be riding a sled lol. In my opinion it is the new t-motion suspension. It works well but is super clunky! On flat ground bouncing the sled up and down you can hear it.

eClKaNdY

Reaction score
mine had the same issue, feel it only under high speed on the trail... so talk to dealer first time and tell me about track being too loose.. so tight and was better .. but my buddy bought a new xm so we switch on the trail..and felt huge difference,,, mine felt like if i can feel every lug...big vibration on running board... so bring it back to dealer and they said they had a bunch of their sled with the rear shock being too low in pressure...and would not keep the track tight enough when going fast on the trail... so they recharge the shock(was like 200psi under specs) then all the ratchetting went away...never tought that would of fix it.... dealer told me they did a few of them ... pretty common issue...

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would be nice if there was a simple technique to tell if shocks are not working properly.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The track on my 163 XM rubs on the tunnel from time to time. I've been fighting with the alignment but haven't been able to dial it in fully.

I think its the T motion i have noticed this as well I tightened up and aligned but seems alignement is off a bit but it switches sides.

my rear shock also feeels a bit soft I guess I will get it checked also have rub marks on rear shock from the coil? anyone else notice?

eClKaNdY

Reaction score
Pierre, is yours the X package?

yes it"s a x .. talk to dealer and they said they rebuilt the x and replace on sp... they did on both of them,,, i think they said they have like 6 or 7 like this so far...

Last edited:
Top Bottom