Club Cabin Burnt To The Ground

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny how the warmer months and long weekends seem to bring out the A-Holes! This past weekend, July 1st, one of our club cabins was discovered by a quadder burnt to the ground. The Doghouse has been a fixture in the Kelowna Snowmobile Club for a lot of years but thanks to some brainless Idiots it is gone. There were several beer cans found in the immediate area of the burnt out cabin and being a long weekend and easy summer access, there's not much doubt this was the result of partying Jackasses. Last Fall club Volunteers rebuilt another one of our cabins which was destroyed by heavy snow load. Looks like we're going to be looking for the services of our club volunteers once again. The cabin was insured but it was a piece of our history which can't be replaced. If anyone has any information as to how this happened please contact a board member of the KSC. You can find a list of Contacts at our website, sledkelowna.ca. Below are a couple of before and after photos
July_1-2012_-_Myra_Cabin_Fire.jpg Myra_Cabin-_Dog_house.jpg

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can see a SeaCan type structure in your future. Can't burn that baby! I know windows will still be broken unfortuantely.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the sad news.

It is always a worry having structures in the back-country and azzhats partying. Where has the common sense gone? Society in general is in a lot of trouble.

Insurance helps but the hours of labour needed to re-construct before winter will be a real blow.

Keep us posted on the work parties as maybe some bodies from over this way could make a weekend trip to help out.

JonJean

Reaction score
Man that sucks, what a bunch of brainless retards...makes me so mad. I think we should instal one of those picture cameras that are motion activated during the summer. maybe we could have caught those basterds. If not makes for some pretty sweet wildlife photos. We have one at our cabin in northern quebec, pretty sweet to see all the animals roll thru.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No kidding. Sure makes one wonder where common sense has gone. I think we're going to be putting up game cameras at each one of our cabins. Gives you an idea "when" and possibly "who" but to make an arrest is almost impossible. Good chance the cameras will get stolen too. We were just in the planning stages for a groomer shelter at this location. Not so sure now.:mad:

JonJean

Reaction score
No kidding. Sure makes one wonder where common sense has gone. I think we're going to be putting up game cameras at each one of our cabins. Gives you an idea "when" and possibly "who" but to make an arrest is almost impossible. Good chance the cameras will get stolen too. We were just in the planning stages for a groomer shelter at this location. Not so sure now.:mad:

Well if they get identified thew the grapevine maybe we can burn their house down...accidentally of course lol

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mathew 5:5 " Blessed are the meek, for these shall inherit the earth."

I don't think Mathew knew about all the ch!t heads in this world. What kind of inheritance will be left if someone with some balls doesn't stand up and seek out these ch!t heads and liberate them from their stupidity.

Top Bottom