Closest Area to NW Calgary

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Bought my first quad (it's an old clunker but runs) and I want to give it a test run somewhere close to Calgary this Sunday.

I'm in the NW of Calgary and have heard of a place called Wapasu and I am wondering if it's the closest place. Can someone provide directions if it is? (North off of highway 40 towards Waiparous?? How far?)

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my first quad (it's an old clunker but runs) and I want to give it a test run somewhere close to Calgary this Sunday.

I'm in the NW of Calgary and have heard of a place called Wapasu and I am wondering if it's the closest place. Can someone provide directions if it is? (North off of highway 40 towards Waiparous?? How far?)

Pretty much after you go through the town of Waiparous and Highway 40 turns north (and to Gravel). You're good. Make sure your registered and insured and stay on the marked trails. Here's a Map.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 76

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The map isn't as clear as I'd hoped. You may have to download it and zoom in.

TaTToo

Reaction score
MacLean Creek is much closer...... I live on the west side of the city and I am 45 mins from my driveway to unloading.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in the NW though, right at Stoney/Crowchild...
How far beyond Bragg Creek down highway 66 is it?

Its 56 vs 62km between the South Ghost Campground and the Maclean Creek Campground. Either way it's 45mins to an Hour depending on traffic.

The Maclean turn off is roughly 8km from Bragg Creek.

TaTToo

Reaction score
Its 56 vs 62km between the South Ghost Campground and the Maclean Creek Campground. Either way it's 45mins to an Hour depending on traffic.

The Maclean turn off is roughly 8km from Bragg Creek.

What he said!!

vuldub

Reaction score
MacLean Creek is much closer...... I live on the west side of the city and I am 45 mins from my driveway to unloading.
I agree. I live in NW Calgary and can be in the Maclean Creek staging area much quicker than the Waiporous. Take Stoney to the transcanada, then go south to Bragg Creek on Highway 22, turn left at the four way stop in Bragg Creek, then right onto Highway 66, about 10min later turn left to Maclean Creek.

Top Bottom