Cliff jumper died.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Man dead after cliff jumping incident at Cultus Lake

VANCOUVER SUN APRIL 10, 2011 10:32 AM

An Abbotsford man died Saturday while cliff jumping at a popular spot on Cultus Lake.

Police say they received a 911 call at 4:20 p.m. after the 26-year-old man, whose name was not released immediately, jumped from a high cliff and never re-surfaced. Early indications are that he entered the water "awkwardly," Cpl. Dwayne Farlin of the RCMP's Upper Fraser Valley regional detachment, said in an interview today.

His body was recovered by the RCMP dive team just before 7:30 p.m. No alcohol was involved.

The man was one of five people jumping from the cliffs into a deep section of the lake, a high-risk but extremely popular activity, Farlin said. Police generally receive a call or two a year from that area, reporting injuries or other circumstances requiring attention, he added.

© Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun

Read more: Man dead after cliff jumping incident at Cultus Lake

First of all condolences to family and friends. It is difficult time I'm sure. Prayers and sympathies go to those involved.

It is rather interesting how the media portrays this tradgedy:

a high-risk but extremely popular activity,

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have swam in that lake not only is that sucker deep but it is freaking cold in places too. The myth is that there is a under ground stream going to the vedder river. I am trying to think where they are doing this cliff jumping from.:confused:

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cops said no beer involved...

I dunno why they would do this early, but the new rec center I go to has a really high platform, and it's a ton of fun to jump off.

I like how the media portrays it as dangerous.. So far this year I'm pretty sure more people have died driving to work, then cliff diving.

Top Bottom