Clearwater

jdawgtherigpig

Reaction score
hey guys.
does anyone happen to know what the snow is like at clearwater.
im headed to blue river on thurs. and my buddies uncle has a cabin at clearwater we can stay at. just wondering what the conditions are like.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just rolled in a couple hrs ago, the valley has about a foot on the ground. Not sure what the conditions are like in the hills, plan to find out tomorrow.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will do.

We will be riding here for the next few days. Bnorth from this forum lives in Clearwater, so we are using his place as base camp. Just changed the diamond drive oil this evening, and have a few other maintenance pieces to do in the morning then we will be going for a ride. Probably up to Raft.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clutch slaved failed in the truck this morning, looks like we won't make it out of the driveway today.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wadleggers is a no go from where we are, need a truck to get passed the cop shop that is only a block away. They know as soon as we start the sleds.

MrHankey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have rode there a few times its great cause the hills are emty ,granite (foghorn) we were the only one's up there for three days
but it looks like more and more are heading a little more south ,the cat is out of the bag

wrenchyanker

Reaction score
Rode Harp yesterday and there ranged from 8 to 18 inches in places. Good snow in the trees, wouldn't say there is anymore then 3.5 to 4 feet total. Still some rocks in the meadows some I would think Raft is not to far from that except it has a lot more rocks. Always worth going out!

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Raft today. It is melting bad in the valley and the ride in is a bit ruff, and starting to get a bit dirty from the lack of snow. Above 6000' the snow is nice, good base, but only about 4" of fresh, not really enough to lean the sled over in, but was fun to get out and play around in anyway. They need about a foot at low elevations and soon, or you will need to find another way in.

jdawgtherigpig

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Just leaving hotel. So I'll see what I can find.. Blue river tomm from the looks of things around here.

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Raft today. It is melting bad in the valley and the ride in is a bit ruff, and starting to get a bit dirty from the lack of snow. Above 6000' the snow is nice, good base, but only about 4" of fresh, not really enough to lean the sled over in, but was fun to get out and play around in anyway. They need about a foot at low elevations and soon, or you will need to find another way in.

Witch way up did you take?

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday we took the parking lot off clearwater valley road, today we took the candle creek rd unload way in. The snow was better near the bottom at candle creek, but it is a WAY longer trail ride, and I am missing my rear snow flap and have no scratchers. I had to stop about 3 times to let the sled cool off before we got to deep enough snow that it was happy.

East Raft wasn't bad today, but like yesterday was hero snow. A few meadows and untouched climbs to have fun in though, hopefully they get more snow soon.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as I know granite is the riding area on foghorn mountain. Not sure what the snow is like over there though. But I would assume about the same as raft as they are not that far apart.

Top Bottom