cleaning rad

smkngstv

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hi i have been having over heating problems with my 700 mud pro and my sons 400 polaris do to the deep mud we seem to find.is there any local place around edmonton where you can buy a 12 volt high pressure pump with a hose that can be carrired on my quad and when the rad gets plugged i can plug it into my outlet on the quad and drop the pump into a creek,lake puddle ect.and clean the debris out of rad .:d

JimmyFlynt

Reaction score
i been wondering the same.. mine gets clogged in the back of the rad the most.. i use a plastic bottle with a hole in the cap but it cant get all the mud off.

WctDave

Reaction score
If you are looking for a small 12V pump, check princess auto, I've boughten some there before but can't quite remember what output pressure they were.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had one of these for two years....not huge pressure, but works OK. Wallyworld has the pumps.

Sammy

Reaction score
I carry a Rule bilge pump i took from my Jet ski, can't recall the size right now. It works great and is small enough to carry in the rear storage box of the sportsman. Any marine shop will carry bilge pumps in various sizes and are reasonably priced. Installed a cheap garden hose adjustable nozzle on my to vary water pressure and spray.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would personally go with a bilge pump. they are very simple and compact. only one hose and a cord to worry about. they also produce quite a bit of pressure. the other 12v pumps are a pain the prime and they are big and bulky and you have more hoses to worry about. bilge pumps are like instant water.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a very small bilge pump from Princess Auto for 14 bucks, attached 10' of 3/8 clear hose and put on a nozzle to size it down to 1/4 spray. Doesn't have incredible pressure but works great for cleaning the rad in emergencies. In approx. 15-20 minutes you could almost clean the rad completely and the whole setup cost maybe 25bucks. the pump is about 2" wide and about 4" tall so is nice and small for packing around as well and I have a hard sided cooler in my rear box that I just fill with water when I can't get near any other source.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
A buddy of mine has a little pump and it works ok but we went to a R.V place and bought those water cannons, just dip in the river fill er up and spray the rad with quite a blast. I can clean my rad in about 5 mins with no wires to dick around with, and after your done you can nail the kids!! Ha Ha.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen a guy use a windsheild washer container out of a car hock a 12 volt line to it and run a hose worked great when we went to whitemud this year cost was about 10 bucks from the salvage yard. just starped it to the front rack

seancd

Reaction score
The small water cannon, about two feet long. Lots of pressure, works great for cleaning the rad. approx 10 dollars.

grizzly se

Reaction score
I carry a 1 gallon weed sprayer that I can fill on the trail, if you check princess auto flyer they were selling a 12 volt pressure washer for washing small parts.:beer::beer::beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I carry a 1 gallon weed sprayer that I can fill on the trail, if you check princess auto flyer they were selling a 12 volt pressure washer for washing small parts.:beer::beer::beer:

the weed sprayer must take up a lot of room, parts washer pump would not have any pressure or volume. a boat bilge pump is small, light weight and gives enough volume. you can place in a stream, or a 5 gallon bucket, or you can use a folding bucket if you can find one. a nozzel on the end will give a little more pressure, but not enough to bend rad fins.

Top Bottom