Christmas tree hunting

Stray cat

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question but does anyone know if there are any tree cutting areas accessible by snowmobile in the Crowsnest? Looking at getting our Christmas tree and would much prefer to ride over walking. Thanks.

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about crowsnest but a friend of mine used to always get a permit and cut a Christmas tree in the cataract creek area. Maybe try phoning the Alberta forest rangers office.

groomergirl

Reaction score
Ok - having done this now I can say it is definitely not worth the best time we have had Christmas tree hunting or sledding. It is way to hard to drag the trees out after they are down which just takes away from the fun riding time. (hoping that dragging the tree at least helped pack the trail down a bit)
Better to spend the day riding and then either buy a tree or go after a tree closer to the road on foot.

Puckaneer19

Reaction score
Yup! Best to get that over with, put in the back of the truck, and carry on! I recently went to the 'Tree in a box' a few years ago and met the wrath of my daughter! She was furious to say the least! I used to get her a small tree for her room but she has since overlooked that! I still get the evil eye at tree set up time tho'!:cool:

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Get a permit for like 5 bucks and go sledding for the day and then snag a tree from right beside the road on the way home. Just did this a week ago down by castle. by the time u get a tree out of the bush behind your sled it might look like a charlie brown tree.
my buddy picked up the permit in pincher and it was good for 3 trees. Not sure where he got it though.

Top Bottom