Chop Shop Busted

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FROG LAKE, Alta. — RCMP in Alberta say after a lengthy investigation, they’ve busted an alleged “chop shop” on the Frog Lake First Nation, east of Edmonton.

Police executed search warrants on a property there, and found approximately 75 vehicles.

Twelve of them had been stolen from several communities, including Edmonton, Bonnyville, Lloydminster and Cold Lake.

Many of the vehicles had been dismantled and police say their parts had already been sold off.

The unidentified owner of the property is facing charges.

RCMP say anyone involved in this operation could face charges such as possession of stolen property obtained by crime and fraudulent concealment.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is on the Indian reserve, good to stop them guys, but they better get the slammer for this they nay have differents rights on the Reserve:nono:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"unidentified owner"....jeebus that chit pizzes me off....why should they be afforded annonymity, especially an operation of that magnitude. bullchit I says....

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my brother in laws truck was stolen from edmonton a few years ago, stripped in a reserve, i wonder if it was the same one by they same guys.

It was acctually tried to be stolen twice, once he was almost out of gas so they just drove around and found it the second was when it was found on the reserve.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vehicals stolen in loyd found in frog lake, what a surprise!

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah there's a few reserves that General Custer needs to visit....

Or General Motors needs to start doing a better job....

bigdaddy35

Reaction score
I didn't think an individual "owned" land on a first nations reserve...Curious to see who they actually charge.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats brutal and unfortunately they will probably get a small fine and maybe a month in jail at the most. I hate how the laws are different on the res in pincher creek we had a 70 year old man beaten to death for $20 bucks and got three months. HOPEFULLY THESE GUYS DO SOME SERIOUS TIME FOR THIS

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah there's a few reserves that General Custer needs to visit....

Or General Motors needs to start doing a better job....
and ford is better,you can use sissors on them and 9 out of 10 trucks stolen and fords because there so easy to steal

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok even though I am partially Cree, i'm going to get a little nasty here...

First of all, they pull stupid stuff like this and they wonder WHY they are so unaccepted and disrespected and frowned upon to society.. they are practically spoon fed (on the reserves) and trust me I am treaty and the benefits you get are great..but they take everything for granted! The gvt and treaties take care of these azzwipes to make up for the "pain and suffering" the white man caused their "ancestors" way back when.. and now they steal from the whiteman what he WORKS hard for..and what do they do? Sit on their azzes, steal cars, blow all the money they get on booze and drugs, and I still see natives on the streets downtown, in WHEELchairs..begging for money! WTF? In my mind, they have taken for granted everything they get and they should start being treated like regular human beings like the rest of us...AND GET JOBS AND EARN THEIR WAY THROUGH LIFE! bah! Pizzes me right off.... sorry for the rant!

Last edited by a moderator:

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok even though I am partially Cree, i'm going to get a little nasty here...

First of all, they pull stupid stuff like this and they wonder WHY they are so unaccepted and disrespected and frowned upon to society.. they are practically spoon fed (on the reserves) and trust me I am treaty and the benefits you get are great..but they take everything for granted! The gvt and treaties take care of these azzwipes to make up for the "pain and suffering" the white man caused their "ancestors" way back when.. and now they steal from the whiteman what he WORKS hard for..and what do they do? Sit on their azzes, steal cars, blow all the money they get on booze and drugs, and I still see natives on the streets downtown, in WHEELchairs..begging for money! WTF? In my mind, they have taken for granted everything they get and they should start being treated like regular human beings like the rest of us...AND GET JOBS AND EARN THEIR WAY THROUGH LIFE! bah! Pizzes me right off.... sorry for the rant!

I won't say anything about race, because I am not a racist, however, I feel things are getting ridiculous, we have gangs at the reserve 10 minutes away from my house, very violent ones. How bad does it have to get before things change? I [honestly] think that if it were white, black, purple or green people that were given the same benefits, they would be squandered and not appreciated. The saddest part is there are some who are just like everyone else, who work hard - earn what they own, and enjoy life, and there are the ones who perpetuate the stereotype. Unfortunately, the ones with respect for the rules of society are far outnumbered by the others who don't care. BUT this is true for every group of people, I am by no means singling anyone out - someone always breaks the mold and goes against the stereotype.

I just sometimes feel like we are being taken advantage of, and this may sound insensitive but ancestors came and took land so many years ago, I just cant see how the wound is still fresh? If it were really so, that the land was that important why isn't the reserve land used to its potential? Why aren't the children made to go to school in the HUGE, brand new schools that are built there? Why does everyone drive a nicer vehicle than i do, have nicer clothes than i do? Why are so many of the teens hooked on drugs with no direction in life? Why do the reserves have different rules than anywhere else?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks for putting it in a slightly better way, I was fuming a little becuase trust me I am not "racist", because I am native too, but they certainly do a great job of making "most" of society "think less" of them... and it's not right, they have the means and opportunities and advantages just like everyone else, to lead normal lives like everyone else, instead most of them are just on a downward spiral in life and I agree, something needs to be done about it! It has been like this for far too long.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, thanks for putting it in a slightly better way, I was fuming a little becuase trust me I am not "racist", because I am native too, but they certainly do a great job of making "most" of society "think less" of them... and it's not right, they have the means and opportunities and advantages just like everyone else, to lead normal lives like everyone else, instead most of them are just on a downward spiral in life and I agree, something needs to be done about it! It has been like this for far too long.

I agree, it's disappointing that every advantage is given and almost none of it is used for the greater good.
What I think is the worst part is that the youth growing up in the culture believe that just how life is. The cycle just continues.... and I think it's sad.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right...it's the cylcle that needs to be broken and often these kids don't know how so they fall victim to the cylce. Whose there to show them the way!!?? I know a few and I call them my friends. My native friends have actually done very well for themselves. They are/were offered the same opportunites as all the rest and even though things like university education were offered for free they went to University and paid for it themselves!!! Only money they took was after school and used to start successful businesses to hire people and be productivef taxpayers. As a matter of fact their Grandmother was offered a million or two in land comensation and turned it down on principal. Amazing!! Two sides to every story, so sad we hear so much of the bad.

As a side note, their Grandmother still chews leather with her own teeth to soften it up for moccassins.....now that's pretty cool!!

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very sad, and we're talking about people who were once the nations most resourceful and skillful group, used everything they had to the full advantage, didn't waste or take advantage of anything, they were without a doubt the smartest people alive back then until the whitey introduced guns & booze and beligerent behavoir and their reputation went down the drain. I understand this, but seriously were talkin generations later now, and they still carry out this behavoir and if anything it has got much worse in several ways, they sure are milkin it thats for sure.. and you know what else is sad is when I do see a native american who is succesfull, I am surprised & shocked.. its like..what?..you?..successful?.no way..a minority among a minority. Ugh, hope someone will wake up someday and try to do something about this.

Top Bottom