Chev front lift

inside

Reaction score
-06 Chev Crew 2500 HD duramax
Hey a 2 part question:
1. Without a lift will 265/75 R16 rub, (I think they hit the mud flap)
2. Has anyone "lifted" the front using new keys to turn up the bars. Just seeing if there are any reliability issues with any component involved.
Thinking about doing this but don't want to have a mess of problems. Thanks for the info.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey a 2 part question:
2. Has anyone "lifted" the front using new keys to turn up the bars. Just seeing if there are any reliability issues with any component involved.
Thinking about doing this but don't want to have a mess of problems. Thanks for the info.

THE 265'S FIT JUST FINE....YOU MAY HAVE TO TRIM THE BLACK PLASTIC MOULDING UNDER THE FRONT BUMPER, BUT NOTHING SERIOUS. SHOULDN'T HIT THE MUD FLAPS.
THE FRONT END LEVELLING KITS WORK FINE TOO.....WE'VE DONE LOTS OF THEM. LOOK UP http://www.truxxx.com/ AND THEY SHOW LOTS OF PICS. YOU WILL NEED A WHEEL ALIGNMENT AND HEADLITE ALIGNMENT AFTERWARDS. NEVER ANY ISSUES WITH THESE.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THE 265'S FIT JUST FINE....YOU MAY HAVE TO TRIM THE BLACK PLASTIC MOULDING UNDER THE FRONT BUMPER, BUT NOTHING SERIOUS. SHOULDN'T HIT THE MUD FLAPS.
THE FRONT END LEVELLING KITS WORK FINE TOO.....WE'VE DONE LOTS OF THEM. LOOK UP http://www.truxxx.com/ AND THEY SHOW LOTS OF PICS. YOU WILL NEED A WHEEL ALIGNMENT AND HEADLITE ALIGNMENT AFTERWARDS. NEVER ANY ISSUES WITH THESE.

I was told that a bumper lift/mod helps too?

ST1

Reaction score
Hey a 2 part question:

265's will fit fine.

If doing a level lift on that truck, don't spend your money on new keys. you can get 1 to 1.5" out of the factory keys. Aftermarket keys allow you turn the factory torsion bars up to much, making your suspension have virtually no downward travel and therefore poor ride.

The proper way to level lift that truck is with Cognito control arms/ball joints and custom valved Cognito/Bilstein shocks. You can safely get 1 to 3" of lift and more suspension travel. We do these all the time and will be doing one next week...feel free to drop by the shop if you want to check it out.

Any Q's, feel free to call or email.

Cheers,

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Done lots of 2" and 3" lifts they work great. With cranking up the bars you do get a rougher ride. On my own truck I have the 3" front and 1.75" rear spacer blocks.You do loose your downward ride in the upper a-arms but a set of Cognito upper a-arms and Pro Comp shocks put you back to stock ride.
Let me Know if I can help you out.
Here's pic of my truck and couple of customer trucks to give you idea.

Attachments

• mem crd 2000 066.jpg
    mem crd 2000 066.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 32
  • TRUCK 019.jpg
    TRUCK 019.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 36
  • digital card 2 new dec 169.jpg
    digital card 2 new dec 169.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a leveling kit in my 07 chev and i can fit 285 75 r16 with a light rub when turning sharp but my 265 75 r16 never rubbed once when i had them on before i added the leveling kit. If you decide to get the kit anyway talk to xsyourride hes great to deal with.

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DO NOT! crank up your torsion bars,you WILL regret it. Rougher ride,blown front shocks and upper ball joints torn apart. My 2000 Chev. 3/4ton has 265's on it,no lift and no rub. If you want to lift it ,use the cognito system as stated earlier,great product and allows you to replace just the ball joint,not the whole upper control arm.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got my 07 3500 done at the local dealership upped 1" and wheel alignment $130. Was pulling a bit to the left anyway so i needed a alignment anyway. Looks way better just need abit longer shocks next.

inside

Reaction score
Got my Goodyear silent armour 265/75 R16 on today, and the just nick the mud flap on hard turns, mostly backing up. Think i am going to lift the front and 1 1/2 inch or so and get a whell alingment, shoud be good for a bit. I think the new tires make it at least look like a truck, before it was hard to tell.

Top Bottom