Cheetah factory bar on 14 xm help?

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey boys,
I bought the cheetah factory boondocker bars for my doo and i have them all installed but not there's and issue on the brake side. It seems i cannot for my brake leaver and revers and hi/lo switch.. when i put is all on i'm pretty much grabbing on the the half of the hooks on the end of the bar.

Is there somewhere else i can mount the reverse and hi/lo switch?

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if i had one at the moment i would post it.. basically there is not enough room for my full hand... the brake lever mount and the reverse and hi/lo switch....

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and if i move the brake lever any more towards the middle of the bars to make room... its starts to be on the bend of the bar so the brake lever is pointing up instead of in line with the bars witch take away from functionality and just plain old looks like ****

pepperhouse

Reaction score
Yup had exact same prob with my treadway bars.
First thing I did was remove rer/headlight switch module.
i put on a diamond s hood so I no longer need the light switch.
i installed a polaris perc button for reverse.
still didn't have enough room for my left hand.
then I ordered and installed brake lever and assembly off a 2011? Freeride
for some reason that year has the bar mount closer to the lever
giving you way more room and a metal oil resy.

i am finally happy and like the bars.
but if I had the choice wouldn't do again
nowhere does it say anything on there website
that so much modification is needed.
Not sure why they couldn't just move inside bends closer
to middle of bar and give you bigger flat area for
controls.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea... i dont get it... i may be stuck getting a new set of bars... because im not liking how these ones are fitting. not very impressed at all.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey not to be an arse but may some checking/measuring and reseach before impulse purchase cause it "should work". Looking cool on the shelf gets you to .................................well here.:twocents:

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try zip tying it to the stem. Thats what I do on all my sleds otherwise you keep hitting the reverse button if you ride aggresivley

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey not to be an arse but may some checking/measuring and reseach before impulse purchase cause it "should work". Looking cool on the shelf gets you to .................................well here.:twocents:

Ahh i was waiting for that. There's always someone..... anyways. i have figured a way to make it work. what i have done is removed the switch and cut a 2 inch chunk out of my old handlebars just enough to fit the switch and then got a nice bolt that fits through it and i will drill a hole the my riser and will mount it just under the bars to the riser. not only does it look not to shabby but it works good and i can keep the bars. i will post pics of it when im done for other guys who may be in the same boat.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering is yours is a SP or X? I put CFR bars on my 13 X and had no issues.

Attachments

• Handlebars.jpg
    Handlebars.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 179

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an x. i changed the riser out to a small 3 incher... my bars look the same as urs do.... but the issue i have if theres not really enough room for my hand on the bar on the brake side. id like to hand more of my hand on the flat part of the bar then have s quarter of it on the hook.... u know what i mean?

Top Bottom