Cheep WARN 3.0ci Winches!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Martin Equipment has a limited quantity of WARN 3.0ci winches on sale for $299. I'm unsure if this is at all locations or just the south side location. At 19lb, they are pretty heavy but they sure look and feel a heck of a lot more durable than the RT 25's that came with my Grizzlies.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told the only difference between a 2.5 and 3.0 was the relay size,.. everything else the same. If you go up to 4.0 the drive motor is a little bigger.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told the only difference between a 2.5 and 3.0 was the relay size,.. everything else the same. If you go up to 4.0 the drive motor is a little bigger.

Good to know. I bought a couple just because of the price. Even though they're discontinued, the CI's also look way more rugged and sealed than the RT's. ...although I've nevee had either of them apart yet. I'm nott 100% sure if I'll hang onto them yet.

Phyer Phyter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The difference I was told is the winches themselves are identical. The only difference is the cable - 25's have a 3/16" cable and the 3000 lb winches have a 1/4" cable.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you purchased them, were they to replace your front ones, and are you putting the old ones on the back?

I am looking to put a winch on the back of my quad, been a few times now it would have been handy!!! Just have to figure out how to mount/wire a winch to the back.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you purchased them, were they to replace your front ones, and are you putting the old ones on the back?

I am looking to put a winch on the back of my quad, been a few times now it would have been handy!!! Just have to figure out how to mount/wire a winch to the back.

Na, the freespool is no longer working on either of my winches. I roasted the gears on a winch last year after the freespool stopped working so I figured, for 300 bones I could put better ones on once these fail. They just turned out to be too heavy and I need to go through the exercise of repairing my own winch anyway, so I returned them. I've only seen one guy with a winch on the back (I believe it was TEX78) but it was a much smaller one - he had the switch mounted right next to the winch instead of the handle bars.

Another option is to put a hitch receiver on the both the front and back of your quad so that you can pull your winch out and put it on the rear of your machine when you need to. ...the latter seems like a good solution for a truck, but I'm not sure I'm into doing that with my quad.

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interested in getting a winch for cheap?. Check out COOPERS RV in edmonton.

http://www.coopersrv.ca/

They opened last year and seem to be willing to hook anyone up with a good deal. I don`t own a 4x4 and I`m not going to mount a winch on my trx. But if I were, for the prices they can offer I`d go there. Regardless of them not being WARN or not.

Top Bottom