Checkerplating Sub Box?

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am adding a big stereo to my sled trailer with two 10" subs and thinking of checkerplating the sub box and enclosure which will hold the three amps. Any tips or ideas would be most welcome, with pics of what you have done even better! Thanks!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Make sure you use silicone or a n adhesive that flexes. If you use one that drys hard/ridged it will come loose over time from the vibration and rattle like hell

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Make sure you use silicone or a n adhesive that flexes. If you use one that drys hard/ridged it will come loose over time from the vibration and rattle like hell

also make sure you have enough ventilation to keep your amps cool.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips! Currently planning on mounting amps at an angle on the top of a cabinet which will house the sub box and batteries below. Will make cabinet out of 3/4 inch plywood, insert pre-made sub box within it and then cover cabinet with checker plate.

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe mount sub box on rubber isolators, or to the floor. I have a 12' in mine, sounds great inside, outside it rattles all the panels.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got stereo install and led lights all done! Two 12" Alpine subs, eight speakers and 3600 watts! LEDs programmable on ceiling and those on stereo cabinet go to beat of music too.
Thanks for the install tips. Project took way longer than planned but turned out great.
Party is on after a great day of sledding...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here at home we are calling it a "roof support pole", and trying to make the safety case its necessary due to heavy snow loads at Revy....my wife is way smarter than me though and seen right through it! LOL!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here at home we are calling it a "roof support pole", and trying to make the safety case its necessary due to heavy snow loads at Revy....my wife is way smarter than me though and seen right through it! LOL!

Should just used aluminum not brass lol. The brass gave it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom