Check out Frozen Pirate Snow Services for some great updates this season

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I will posting the majority of my condition updates from my personal field days on my Facebook page this season. If you participate on there and are interested in receiving automatic updates, please like my new page at www.facebook.com/frozenpiratesnowservices

And on that note, its never too early to begin refreshing your avy savy before the season starts. Check out this link to one of my favorite chapters from the Throttle Decision Series of Avalanche Safety Videos
Throttle Decisions Chapter 3: Safe Travel on Vimeo

Last edited:

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great video, can't wait to see the whole thing

Sent from my iPhone while drinkin a bud light

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its been a week since I posted the Safe Travel chapter from the Throttle Decisions series, its time to change it up a bit.

One of the things that we have the most control over is our Terrain choices. We have the ability to cover an enormous variety of terrain in a single day on our sleds. We often change aspects and elevations numerous times in just one hour and all of these changes can give us drastically different snow conditions and hazards from one area to the next.......learn to choose wisely based on the current conditions.

Throttle Decisions Chapter 6: Terrain on Vimeo

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well just did something that I have been meaning to do for a while....my AST 1 Avalanche Course! I cannot stress how important it is not only to have the AST 1 Training but to practice realistic scenarios with your riding group in mountainous terrain. So if you have been procrastinating give Curtis a call and make it happen!

Looking forward to doing the AST 2 next year :)

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
curtis does that mean people like me who are not on face book won't be able to get info about avys from you now.

Top Bottom